What's new

Crudy coil and brown ejuice - HELP

Carole Russell

Initiate
Can anyone offer advice?
I'm using a Pico squeeze 2 squonk with an Ammit MTL RDA. I have a 26GA kanthal 0.8 coil and I'm vaping at 15 watts. My liquid is 50% vg 50% AVG.
Every 2 days I'm have to clean my coil and change my cotton and also my juice because its rusted, crudy and taste different - what am I doing wrong????

What percentage water is in the AVG in your liquid? Even if it’s 20% water, that still means your liquid has a very high VG content overall. It may be too thick for your coil to wick effectively.

how much sweetener is in your juice. Sweet juices are coil killers.

What percentage water is in the AVG in your liquid? Even if it’s 20% water, that still means your liquid has a very high VG content overall. It may be too thick for your coil to wick effectively.
Hi Leni - it waters the juice to about normal PG/Vg mix - it was fine with my Wotofo Recurve but these are different coils?

The other thing to mention may be the quality of the wire. Good quality wire is worth it. I get most of mine from Stealthvape now.

Think somebody needs to knock up a cheapo wire/coil kit

nothing too flash, chuck in a couple of meters of 26/27/28/29 awg kanthal & maybe a small strand of Ni80

let new builders go nutz and see what works with 5/6/7/8 wraps etc...... on variety of wire samples

Could it be you are squonking too much liquid and it’s pooling around the coil, meaning every time you fire it it cooks the liquid?

Back
Top Bottom