What's new

cotton..

Is that the Labo pads?? If so that’s what I use. I’ve tried loads of different brands, but always seem to come back to this. Lasts an absolute age as well when you only MTL.
upload_2021-4-4_23-17-34.png

Have always used muji Japanese cotton but I find it takes a little time for full flavour it’s cheap and works are these more expensive types worth getting?

Using Uighur slave labour in the cotton fields of Xinjiang keeps the price of cotton pads down, this would probably explain why Muji has, for me, the distinctive taste of a sweaty dog. Interesting to read that Muji are now on the patriotic Chinese boycott list of foreign brands who have dared to question or criticise the regime.

Years ago I bought several brands of cotton to try out and compare and I'm still working through that stock. I won't use Muji, primarily because of the taste but also because the fibres are too short and weak, consequently don't last in my Aromamizers. I don't use The Native by Vapor Royalty either as the fibres are too strong and long - best for the RDAs which I haven't used for years. Am currently working through Cotton Bacon v2 and Fuzion in my own Goldilocks way.

Using Uighur slave labour in the cotton fields of Xinjiang keeps the price of cotton pads down, this would probably explain why Muji has, for me, the distinctive taste of a sweaty dog. Interesting to read that Muji are now on the patriotic Chinese boycott list of foreign brands who have dared to question or criticise the regime.

Years ago I bought several brands of cotton to try out and compare and I'm still working through that stock. I won't use Muji, primarily because of the taste but also because the fibres are too short and weak, consequently don't last in my Aromamizers. I don't use The Native by Vapor Royalty either as the fibres are too strong and long - best for the RDAs which I haven't used for years. Am currently working through Cotton Bacon v2 and Fuzion in my own Goldilocks way.
Thanks for the information didn’t know anything about slave labour involvement

so far what would you say is the best cotton for a Rta Mtl ?

Thanks for the information didn’t know anything about slave labour involvement
Many vapers delight in the price of cotton pads, not many would care to think about why they're so cheap. I haven't got a clue where the cotton comes from, I'm just joining threads. ;) Might be from Xinjiang, might be from the native Japanese brown cotton grown in the Fukushima region (yes, the slightly radioactive zone since the 2011 earthquake and nuclear power plant meltdown) for all I know. That brown cotton is particularly known to have short fibres. I just thought it was interesting that two Japanese cotton product companies, Muji and UniQlo, are amongst those questioning the Chinese over cotton products they're currently sourcing from Xinjiang.

so far what would you say is the best cotton for a Rta Mtl ?
Different vapers seem to have different taste experiences with cottons, probably subjective, so avoid the brands which you react negatively to. Life's too short to vape on a woolly arse. Cotton Bacon v2 works perfectly well for me. The best cotton is whatever suits you the best.

Have always used muji Japanese cotton but I find it takes a little time for full flavour it’s cheap and works are these more expensive types worth getting?
Cotton wicking has a muting effect on flavour, getting your wicking on point is important. Muji does take longer than most to break in, IME, as well as having a continuous funky taste which I can't stand. If you have used nothing other than Muji then you'll doubtless detect a flavour difference if you change cottons, positively or negatively. You'll also have to slightly adapt your wicking prep technique.

As far as the cheap vs expensive debate is concerned, wicking accounts for a tiny fraction of my total annual vaping costs. (It's less than a third of one per cent of my total spend since I started vaping and I haven't actually bought any since June 2017.) Hence I pay no attention whatsoever to the relative cost of Muji and any vaping specific brand of cotton. That really is sweating the small stuff.

Muji all the way.
That’s what I was thinking but it does take a bit time for the flavour to come through and above there seems to be better available maybe cotton bacon v2 is better? I will try it when my supply runs out still got 2 half packs and a full muji pack but the plastic on the pack has made it taste funny il see if leaving it out a little will take the flavour out the pack was 50p from China lol

Itll help if u leave it out in direct sunlight i would think, but seeing as u r in the uk not sure thatll b possible, lol

Back
Top Bottom