What's new

Cotton on rta

I’ve got a number of RTAs and RDAs in rotation (between 6-10). I seem to have to wick something at least once a day. Cotton is cheap and once you are comfortable with the process, it only takes a couple of minutes. The biggest issue for me is that some brands take a while to break in so the first few puffs come with a cotton flavour. Other than that, I find having to re-wick a small price to pay for the superior vape I get from rebuildables.

What coils are you using @Pepe? I find heavy kanthal coils seem to gunk up quick with sweet juices, probably due to the residual heat that stays in them. I much prefer Ni80 coils and they seem to last much better with the sweet juices I use.

What coils are you using @Pepe? I find heavy kanthal coils seem to gunk up quick with sweet juices, probably due to the residual heat that stays in them. I much prefer Ni80 coils and they seem to last much better with the sweet juices I use.
I normaly use kanthal. From clapton to tiger or what ever i have hunging around. I might try SS i dont know why hut ni80 gives me the yibi yibis( afrid of using them). Thabks for the replays guys

Everyone has their own preference for coil material it seems. Personally I will pretty much always use Ni80 whenever I can as it ramps up and sheds heat the quickest of the alloys I have. Then it would be SS316L, which is also good but has a much lower resistance than Ni80. That lower resistance can cause issues with complex dual coil builds. I try to stay away from kanthal as much as possible.

I found some Kanthal aliens lying around the other day so put them in an atty and within 2 days they were properly gunked up from using a juice that I would normally get a couple of weeks out of with Ni80 coils. Switch your coil material and see the difference.

I found some Kanthal aliens lying around the other day so put them in an atty and within 2 days they were properly gunked up from using a juice that I would normally get a couple of weeks out of with Ni80 coils. Switch your coil material and see the difference.
This. Definitely this.

@Pepe i like to change every 2 or 3 days but have gone to a maximum 5 days sometimes, i don't like to leave them much longer. I use mesh mostly and found it quite good on cotton. Also the Donut King e-liquid is very sweet which may be the reason your not getting long on your cotton.

The type of juice you use can have a big effect on how often you have to rewick because of the amount of sweetener in it. I make my own juice now and have noticed that my coils and wicks stay so much cleaner for much longer even though I use sweetener compared to when I used shop bought juice and my build would be black in no time. As already mentioned above Kanthal coils get gunked up much faster than ni80 and SS and my preferred choice is ni80 because of the higher resistance compared to SS.

I changes my coils to ni80 for the last 2 days and there is definitely a difference(not huge). Im doing 6 wraps and double coil at 50w ( 0.25) thabks everyone for the help. Just one last think were do yoj guys get your wire from? Or coils? As ive got the feeling my wire is not of very good quality ( The name of the brand is UD made in china)

I changes my coils to ni80 for the last 2 days and there is definitely a difference(not huge). Im doing 6 wraps and double coil at 50w ( 0.25) thabks everyone for the help. Just one last think were do yoj guys get your wire from? Or coils? As ive got the feeling my wire is not of very good quality ( The name of the brand is UD made in china)

I get my wire from Crazy Wire, have a look at their clearance section, lots of choice and at a good price to.

Back
Top Bottom