What's new

Cotton bacon alternatives

I've been thinking on trying muji. I have only ever used Cotton bacon v2 and fuzz. If you peel off the top and bottom layers, do you end up wasting lots? Sounds like a sammich. Throw away the bread and only eat the filling lolool

It is possible to use the top layers,
But most people I know of use the inner layer as it’s supper soft and more absorbent,

I've been thinking on trying muji. I have only ever used Cotton bacon v2 and fuzz. If you peel off the top and bottom layers, do you end up wasting lots? Sounds like a sammich. Throw away the bread and only eat the filling lolool

I've removed the top and bottom layer off a pad for you to see.

Only remove the outer layers of Muji after you have cut your strip.
I'm still using a bag I bought for peanuts from FT years ago.

It's amazing how subjective vaping is and personal tastes vary. Personally, I hate Muji and wouldn't use it to wipe my arse. Likewise with Kendo.

For rdas I would suggest Coil Master Pro cotton. For rtas - Jellyfish or Prime.

Thankfully, the Muji pads came in handy for wifey to remove her nail varnish.

Dunno if anyones mentioned it but Cotton Gods, bit longer than the Bacon and a bit fluffier out of the pack - got a free pack to trial from one of my local vape stores and it is a bit good [emoji106]

Vapefly Firebolt cotton. Got to be the best cotton I have ever tried. Ok. It is one of those pre-loaded cottons with the bootlace thingy on the end. Perfect for a 3mm/3.5mm inside diameter coils. I don't actually know what cotton they are made of, but I do know it is Japanese. Can't fault this this stuff. Lasts forever. No shitty break in. Good from the go.

Vapefly Firebolt cotton. Got to be the best cotton I have ever tried. Ok. It is one of those pre-loaded cottons with the bootlace thingy on the end. Perfect for a 3mm/3.5mm inside diameter coils. I don't actually know what cotton they are made of, but I do know it is Japanese. Can't fault this this stuff. Lasts forever. No shitty break in. Good from the go.
I'll second that. I rewick every other day on a single coil and a pack has lasted me over a month. I get 2 uses out of a lace. Sure, I could get muji but I don't like the taste.

I hated Cotton Bacom Prime, it was a prime pain in the ass and weak, I mostly used Muji after that, far easier to work with, but my favourite cotton especially for single coil builds is this stuff:

Authentic PilotVape Cloud Cotton-Threads for RBA Atomizer
50pcs/pack
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9656124

Super fluffy, strong and easy to wick, it says for 3mm dia coils but it's more like 3.5mm so I thin it a little before wicking.

Cotton Gods for me. It kind of gives you a bit of a warning when you're about to dry hit.
Instead of the usual progression of
Great - Great - Great - Great - Great - Aarrgh My Throat's On Fire,
it's more like
Great - Great - Great - Great - Bit Weird - Bit More Weird - There's a Hole In Your Windpipe And It's Your Fault You Were Warned.

I also hated CB prime. Weird taste and nasty texture (just my opinion). It does wick REALLY well though. Muji also tastes a bit off to me. CB's all I use but I like the look of this vapefly stuff. Sorry if this is no help.

Back
Top Bottom