What's new

Converted flight case mod storage case in oak leather aluminium

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
so Sunday night lets talk cases......

Fishing tackle box or maybe storage box with a lock from b and q... oh come on please let's get with it.....

Ok convert a flight case then wise arse..

Right upon this night is fight club on the DVD "working jobs we hate to buy shit we don't need". ( unless it's a case that is)

First we need a small flight case

IMG_2954.JPG

Like this one, rip-the guts out of it

IMG_2962.JPG

Let's start lining it in oak

The oak must be planed to reduce the weight

See the slots those are for you mods the middle is a tray with proper 510 connections the far side has a lid for storage the lid is clamped shut by the lid of the case

IMG_2977.JPG

Now let's do some fine edges on the oak to give it a bit more va voom

Holes are for 510 connectors x 6

IMG_2975.JPG

The top lid has a space hmmmm how about a removable leather tray snap fastener it to the lid cut the leather and sew some elastic for coil twizzers etc

IMG_2982.JPG

Result

IMG_2984.JPG

See the foam that clamps onto your mods

IMG_2985.JPG

The finished case with some stickers the outside is worn and has marks as it's a flight case

Forgot to mention the inside is baize lined the case is designed so you put you mods in the slots the foam clamps them down so not to damage them the atty goes in the stands the juice you put in the tray with the lid your tools go in the elastic holders on the leather ' ' 'Why' you ask.... so nothing moves when you carry it about do you want you mods banging into each other??

IMG_2986.JPG

Converted flight case.....done lockable with keys

Cost to an ape on here £55 plus £10 postage

£20 of that is what a flight case costs !!

If you love my cabinets cases bags stands and now flight cases then like them ......buy one!

Back tomorrow night all stabilising like

Last edited:
Now that is an item of beauty, I can appreciate a decent bit of workmanship and that looks mighty fine to me, just wish I had the readies at the minute, someone is going to well pleased when the postie arrives

How much does it weigh?
With all that wood in going to be heavy before you start.. Lufthansa allow 8 kg carry on... I tend to pud everything heavy in my pockets then after check in put it back in the flight bag..dont need that much room for travelling abroad TBH... good for vape meets...

With all that wood in going to be heavy before you start.. Lufthansa allow 8 kg carry on... I tend to pud everything heavy in my pockets then after check in put it back in the flight bag..dont need that much room for travelling abroad TBH... good for vape meets...
That's why I asked.

Back
Top Bottom