What's new

Cold weather causing dry hits?

Hodge

Postman
So I've had my Rebirth for about 6 months now give or take and so far it's been brilliant. I never have to thin my wicks and it never dry hits. I've recently bought some short fills from Prime Vapes and they came with 100% VG mix shots. Presumably since the juice is already 70/30 this throws the ratio further in the favour of VG. These are my first short fills coz I usually mix DIY at 70/30. Anyway, for the past few days I've been getting a burned taste and I've noticed the juice in the tanks is very viscous when it's cold. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this. I was thinking of thinning them out with a bit of PG but I don't want to dilute the flavour. Seems strange to me that everywhere seems to supply max VG shots with their shortfills instead of 70/30 solution.

So I've had my Rebirth for about 6 months now give or take and so far it's been brilliant. I never have to thin my wicks and it never dry hits. I've recently bought some short fills from Prime Vapes and they came with 100% VG mix shots. Presumably since the juice is already 70/30 this throws the ratio further in the favour of VG. These are my first short fills coz I usually mix DIY at 70/30. Anyway, for the past few days I've been getting a burned taste and I've noticed the juice in the tanks is very viscous when it's cold. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this. I was thinking of thinning them out with a bit of PG but I don't want to dilute the flavour. Seems strange to me that everywhere seems to supply max VG shots with their shortfills instead of 70/30 solution.

yeah it’s a yearly thing for me,
I just thin out my cotton on my rebuilds and then back to normal in late spring

Scientifically VG is classed as a solid with a melting point of plus 18 degrees C.
The cooler it is the thicker it becomes.

Yeah, I mix slightly thinner mixes for our winters to compensate though ours are really you're summers. :18:

When I was primarily a TC vaper I used to find cold weather would throw things out of whack.

With prime vapes when they are mixed with the 100 vg shots the result is a short fill that is 70 30

You can calculate the starting ratio based on that

Yep, this is why you often get folk arguing over how their stock coil tank wicks 100% vg without issue. You later find they live in Nevada or never take the tank out of their super heated front room.
Summer or indoors is fine in the uk for 70%vh liquids but if your out and about from Autumn to spring here, you need to drop your by level significantly with either pg or aqueous vg.

With prime vapes when they are mixed with the 100 vg shots the result is a short fill that is 70 30

You can calculate the starting ratio based on that

Are you sure about that? I only ask because the ice nic shot I ordered from them was 70/30 and also anyone vaping without nic would get a less than 70/30 shortfill. Plus some people add one shot for 3mg and some two for 6mg. Like i say, I've been doing DIY for the past three years so shortfills are new to me. I've always mixed 70/30 and never had this problem in previous years.

Back
Top Bottom