What's new

Cleito - Leaking

I've got a random leak that keeps happening from time to time. I can go days without a leak and other times I pull it out of my pocket and it's pissed all over the place. You can literally tip it on it's side and the juice just drips out.

I think it only seems to be after filling though, I have been brimming it so it lasts me the day. I'm going to try leaving a 3mm or 4mm gap at the top and see if that changes anything.

I've got a random leak that keeps happening from time to time. I can go days without a leak and other times I pull it out of my pocket and it's pissed all over the place. You can literally tip it on it's side and the juice just drips out.

I think it only seems to be after filling though, I have been brimming it so it lasts me the day. I'm going to try leaving a 3mm or 4mm gap at the top and see if that changes anything.
Is the coil possibly coming loose when this happens? As it is strange for it to be OK, then randomly do it.
Maybe when you are unscrewing the top cap the coil is also coming loose, as it is the whole chimney section and bottom section on the Cleito, so if the coil lifted the top would still screw down and seem fine, but it would actually be loose at the bottom and the juice would come out as you say.

I do usually remember to give the coil a tighten when I fill it and it never seems to be loose.

Normally after it's leaked though and I've cleaned it up it doesn't do it again until I refill.

I'm just wondering if I'm filling it that much that when I screw the lid back on it's forcing some juice through the cotton? I'm going to try less juice over the next few fills and see how it goes.

Normally after it's leaked though and I've cleaned it up it doesn't do it again until I refill.

I'm just wondering if I'm filling it that much that when I screw the lid back on it's forcing some juice through the cotton? I'm going to try less juice over the next few fills and see how it goes.

That is very strange if the coil is definitely in place correctly when it happens.

When you say you are filling it that much, do you mean to the point you are filling to the top, or even slightly above the glass (This is possible due to the surface tension of the liquid).

If you are filling it that much, then I would say it probably is the cause of the leaks. It will only be a tiny bit more you are squeezing in anyway, so would probably be worth carrying a small bottle of juice with you to refill instead of the leaking from overfilling. That's if it is overfilling causing it though.

Yeah, I was putting in as much as possible, as you say it is possible to squeeze a little more in.

Leaving a gap and carrying a small juice bottle is probably the answer. Since I posted I have read somewhere else that overfilling can cause leaks.

Strange, been trying to fill by leaving a gap and I'm still getting a build up of juice which I have to empty out of the air flow, once I've got rid of it there's no more issues until I fill it again and the same thing happens.

Refill process:
Close the air flow, unscrew the cap, make sure the coil is tight, refill juice and leave a 3mm - 4mm gap and screw the lid back on. I'm using 80/20 in favor of VG so the juice isn't too thin.

It's just strange how I'm getting that initial leak then nothing again until I refill.

I suppose at least I know when it's happening now and i can clean it up without too much mess, i just tip it on its side and get rid of the excess juice then I'm good to go.

@conanthewarrior any ideas on this? Do you think there's some sort of vacuum and juice is being forced through the cotton? That all I think it could be at the moment.

If anyone is still interested it appears this was a dodgy coil, I've now swapped and there's no more leaking when I fill up.

I think it must have been something to do with the cotton maybe being a too thin somewhere in the coil and the juice was being pushed through until everything equalized.

Bought mine a month ago, had nothing but trouble with it, leaks all over the place, new coils , upped wattage thicker liquid, wrench when tightening no luck gone back to my other type.

Back
Top Bottom