What's new

Bye bye TPD/TPDR

SirLugg

Legend
Now I’m under no illusion that this will be replaced by something else, especially in the current climate, but in all honesty the word TPD just sends a shiver down my spine. So I’m glad it’s getting sacked off. Let’s face it - it ruined vaping in many ways.

More than slightly nervous to see what it’ll get replaced with tbh, but even still.....

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/58-01/0062/200062.pdf

Hopefully will get rid of the ridiculous 2ml tank size and the 10ml bottle size for added nic.

A lot of the tanks I’ve bought this year seem to be ignoring the TPD now anyway. The Valyrian 2 pro (horrendous tank) case with 2 7ml glasses, one pre installed. Same with the freemax 22mm and the Oxva Arbiter. Hopefully that’s a good sign!

With Big Pharma (the MHRA) running the show, I cant see them doing vapers any favours. Also depends whats in the brexshite trade deal, with the EU, level playing fields, internal markets, and all that.

Will be very interesting to see how this pans out. I'm not expecting any great changes if at all, but you never know. At least hopefully we, the UK, will be able to make our own decisions going forward.
The 2ml tank size and 10ml bottle and definitely the stupid arsed 20mg nic is a joke.

Hopefully will get rid of the ridiculous 2ml tank size and the 10ml bottle size for added nic.
Thats on the top 3 TDP idiocy. The third is marking products with warning stickers about nicotine when it doesnt contain any nicotine.
I´d glad if just those 2 things dissapear. Not even increasing the max nic concentration, but FFS, let it be sold in bigger bottles.

I am not expecting any changes any time in the next few years if ever.

A bill to change the law on ecigs might even bring in things we do not want like taxation or restrictions on li-ion batteries.

Bloomberg's money was being used to influence legislation from last year. It's now stepped up as charities feeling the pinch are swaying more to his line than the pro-vaping speak they used to come out with. The push is for plain packaging, a strict adherence to 20mg/ml, and restricting flavours.

On the positive side, we have a history of being very pro harm reduction in all things and, as much as current events would say otherwise, have a government that is pro-evidence. I refer to the wider Houses of Parliament rather than Johnson's bunch of gimps.

Then you have a tobacco industry that is quite happy to see flavours and tank sizes restricted as it maximises their market share.

Doesn't hurt to let you MP and local Lords know how vaping helped you.

Now I’m under no illusion that this will be replaced by something else, especially in the current climate, but in all honesty the word TPD just sends a shiver down my spine. So I’m glad it’s getting sacked off. Let’s face it - it ruined vaping in many ways.

More than slightly nervous to see what it’ll get replaced with tbh, but even still.....

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/58-01/0062/200062.pdf
I think Tobacco isn't a reserved matter, so up here in Scotland we might just see wee jimmy Krankie in holyrood paying lip service to the EU (she is so luvved up on 'em) by adopting the new TPD 3, and that would be tragic. She is the only globalist Nationalist in creation.

Back
Top Bottom