POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Billet Box Woes...

Discussion in 'Everything ECigs' started by EthelKing, Nov 19, 2019.

1. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

Yes mrs kid actually found it was surprisingly at its best with the kanger coil kit using the stainless ssocc coils but that was rather missing the point of what's available. Especially as she gets the same vape from her £25 subvod. She also found it a pain to fill after using top fill subtanks.

2. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Achiever

I bought the SXK DNA60 back in July, it’s all I’ve used since and this is someone who used to have 3 or 4 different sets ups on the go all day. I was a massive squonking & mech fan but haven’t touched anything since. Nice to have just one mod with a few different boros ready to swap over vs a squonker, mech, heavy regulated mod and attys everywhere... plus keeps the missis off my back!!!!

Love it! Just so versatile and once you get the hang of it it’s great to use. The only bridge I had problems with was the Vapeshell leaking/dry hits but got the hang of it now. Built up a decent collection of bridges now and all fit in a quad 18650 case!

Loads of options for it, tend to use the EUC coils with MF bridges & Haku mainly but the nautilus mesh coils are great for hassle free vaping.

• Like Like x 3
  3. EthelKing

EthelKing Veteran

Thanks for all of the replies. They've been very helpful.

A wise Ape held my hand and walked me through the Vapeshell set up, and I am over the moon to say that I am now in the possession of a mod that delivers exactly what I was hoping for. :2thumbsup:

• Like Like x 6
  4. Discomatt

Discomatt Achiever

Great news! The vapeshell is a wonderful thing. Happy billeting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  5. Banjostring

Banjostring Achiever

I picked up a BB earlier this week and it's going well so far. While waiting for my rbas to arrive I've used the included one. 24g Kanthal, 6 wraps 0.6ohm @ 34w gives a lovely flavourful rdl. I'm looking forward to getting the Xeta and Vapeshell and seeing what they can do too

• Like Like x 7
  6. Discomatt

Discomatt Achiever

Atmizoo and Todd have good wicking and building vids for the Vapeshell. Todd’s Xeta vid is also good.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Banjostring

Banjostring Achiever

Yeah, I'm gonna be watching a whole load of YouTube videos now, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toastie

Toastie Postman

My plan initially was a nice 24g kanthal build in the kanger rba, but can I hell get any of the rba's to work above 20w without dry hitting.

Whether it's the kanger or the exocet, at 25w it'll vape good for a few hours then start mildly dry hitting, cotton still looks wet, no gunk on the coil. Complete mystery to me. Might try a scottish roll next time.

9. Vapaneezer Scrooge

Vapaneezer Scrooge Vendor

Use SS316L & TC mode to get rid of dry hits.

10. Toastie

Toastie Postman

I've tried and tried to get a satisfactory TC vape and whilst the DNA60 runs it very well compared to my older mods, I always get better flavour from wattage for some reason, even with the same coil.

I did pop a 24g kanthal build into the Kanger RBA after last night's post, running at 30w with no issues so far. No idea what I did right with the wicking this time hah.