POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Best tank to use at 30w?

Discussion in 'Everything ECigs' started by ctcharman00, Mar 29, 2020.

1. ctcharman00

ctcharman00 New Member

I’ve just bought a Smok RPM40 and I’ve decided I’m going to put a 510 tank on it using this adapter (https://vapesalesuk.com/product/vxv-510-adaptor-for-smok-rpm40-kit/) to give me a better range of coils and tank size, and adjustable airflow.

The RPM40 only goes up to 40w, and I mostly use it around 30w with the 0.4 Mesh coil. What tank and coils would you recommend for this? I would preferably like a Smok one but all the wattage ranges seem too high for my purposes

tl;dr - what tank should I buy to use at 30w?

2. pdg

pdg Achiever

You'd probably be better off getting a real mod and using the rpm for what it's designed to do...

Out of interest, why would you prefer smok?

3. Richard Winter

Richard Winter Achiever

Hi, as said, I would use the Smok RPM40 as it is intended for and treat yourself to another mod and tank as well. I've got lots of different Smok mods and tanks. No problem with any of them but there are a lot of folk that arnt keen on them. The Smok Baby V2 is one of the best Smok tanks about, I love it. I vape around the 30 to 40 watts on this tank no problem.

4. Leni

Leni Veteran

A Smok Spirals is decent at 30-ish watts. Don’t know if you can still get them though.

5. Gitchy

Gitchy Achiever

Will second the spirals. My wife has one and loves it. Good flavour at that wattage. You can still get them from China but a lot of UK online shops have them too.

6. b road blaster

b road blaster Achiever

+ 1 for the spirals the 0.6 coil works well at around 25 w and the 0.3 around 35w both give
    good flavour.

7. ForestMagpie

ForestMagpie Achiever

I'm also looking for a decent sub ohm tank for DTL around the same wattage - 30ish. I've had a look at the spiral and think the airflow might be a bit restricted for me. I've been looking at the Fireluke 2, anyone experience with this tank? Or any other recommendations?

8. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

The baby's beasts (smok) is actually a decent tank and not too big. Use the 0.4-0.6 ohm coils for 25-30w. May do the job.

• Like Like x 1
  9. b road blaster

b road blaster Achiever

The isub B is not bad and has a very good range of coils

10. kockeyedkitty

kockeyedkitty Achiever

Eleaf Ijust Ecm comes with a very nice tank that is wonderful at 30 wayts!!! And if you use the .15 coil it's an awesome vape. Mesh cool.
    It's not a Smok but....

from Eleaf
    We buy the coils direct from Eleaf.

https://www.eleafworld.com/online/products/kits/eleaf-ijust-ecm-kit-3000mah.html

Believe it or not the tank way outlives the battery stick. But the stick will last about a year. And you'll have a backup.