Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Profile Unity

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Hugsvape Ring Lord

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jude27

Postman
I am looking to try mesh coils, I have narrowed it down to 4 now but what in your opinion is the best mesh RTA ?
Damn vape Doom, Kylin M RTA, Profile unity and the Hugsvape Ring Lord RTA .

There seems to be plenty of reviews on the the first three but none I could find on the Ring Lord.
Has anyone got any of these ?
Any other recommendations ?
I have been using rebuildables for several years now and am quite comfortable with coiling and wicking etc but I am still looking for the elusive vaping nirvana!!!

Got the profile unity great RTA, not tried the others, kylin M is very similar but a few others have had them and had problems with them, have a search on the forum on the kylin, doom doesn't have a spring loaded block so suspect the cotton would sag after time, no idea on the ring lord

Got the profile unity great RTA, not tried the others, kylin M is very similar but a few others have had them and had problems with them, have a search on the forum on the kylin, doom doesn't have a spring loaded block so suspect the cotton would sag after time, no idea on the ring lord

Doom has a liquid channel flowing under the wick to help avoid dry hits

I tried the Kylin M in the shop yesterday and wasn't impressed at all. It's the only mesh I've tried but I won't be switching any time soon I don't think.

Doom has a liquid channel flowing under the wick to help avoid dry hits
Sorry maybe not dry hits but the common problem with earlier mesh systems was that the cotton sagged and lost contact with the mesh element maybe not dry hits but awful flavour hense the reason for the spring loaded ceramic block on the profile and kylin m, I've not tried the doom or the other but I have 3 profile RDAs for squonks and 2 unity RTAs running the nexmesh mesh at about 65w and suit me down to the ground, someone else may be able to advise on them though

I've got the Doom and Unity and tbh im not overly impressed with either.
Ive built the Doom I'd say in excess of 40 times and it just wont perform.
The unity is easily the better of the two but still not as good as I'd expect it would be.

Since trying mesh I'm of the opinion that most of the juice vaporized comes from the bottom of the coils.
Never really thought about this before but to me it makes sense.
With the Unity and Doom there is no mesh under the cotton which would help.
The form factor of the Doom is great but imo the unity is too tall.

Imo it would make mesh better if you could widen the width of the strips which would allow more juice saturated cotton to get vaporized.

Summary if you're looking for good flavour but little vapour and are used to tootle puffing then they're okay.

Not sure how the reviewers are getting such dense vapour from them but guess thats just the nature of reviewers.

personally, rather than going with a mesh RTA i'd go with a Profile RDA and squonk it. Better quality vape and more juice capacity than you'd get from a any mesh RTA too

I've got the Doom and Unity and tbh im not overly impressed with either.
Ive built the Doom I'd say in excess of 40 times and it just wont perform.
The unity is easily the better of the two but still not as good as I'd expect it would be.

Since trying mesh I'm of the opinion that most of the juice vaporized comes from the bottom of the coils.
Never really thought about this before but to me it makes sense.
With the Unity and Doom there is no mesh under the cotton which would help.
The form factor of the Doom is great but imo the unity is too tall.

Imo it would make mesh better if you could widen the width of the strips which would allow more juice saturated cotton to get vaporized.

Summary if you're looking for good flavour but little vapour and are used to tootle puffing then they're okay.

Not sure how the reviewers are getting such dense vapour from them but guess thats just the nature of reviewers.

Not just being argumentative @StrawberryRipple but, I honestly can't agree with a lot of what you have said.

I have two unity RTA's, a unity rda, a damn vape doom rta and a Hugsvape ringlord rta. I am getting flavoursome, high vapour, satisfying vapes from all of them. However, it must be understood, that these devices are not for the faint-hearted. There is a lot that can go wrong and for me at least, it often does. A mesh device is never going to be as simple to setup and use as a coiled device. The margin for error with wicking, between perfect and dry hits is very small and definitely requires a lot of experimentation and inevitably, failures, along the way.

The upside for me IMHO is, once you have the wicking nailed and remember that you cannot disturb the mesh in anyway once you have installed it, the vaping experience is probably the best you can get. The Doom is probably the most fussy and difficult device and the Ringlord has a very restricted airflow which most will find frustrating so as a first mesh device, I would have to recommend the Profile Unity RTA as it is probably the most forgiving, but they are all enjoyable RTAs if you're prepared to put a bit of work in, getting used to them.

Not just being argumentative @StrawberryRipple but, I honestly can't agree with a lot of what you have said.

I have two unity RTA's, a unity rda, a damn vape doom rta and a Hugsvape ringlord rta. I am getting flavoursome, high vapour, satisfying vapes from all of them. However, it must be understood, that these devices are not for the faint-hearted. There is a lot that can go wrong and for me at least, it often does. A mesh device is never going to be as simple to setup and use as a coiled device. The margin for error with wicking, between perfect and dry hits is very small and definitely requires a lot of experimentation and inevitably, failures, along the way.

The upside for me IMHO is, once you have the wicking nailed and remember that you cannot disturb the mesh in anyway once you have installed it, the vaping experience is probably the best you can get. The Doom is probably the most fussy and difficult device and the Ringlord has a very restricted airflow which most will find frustrating so as a first mesh device, I would have to recommend the Profile Unity RTA as it is probably the most forgiving, but they are all enjoyable RTAs if you're prepared to put a bit of work in, getting used to them.

I'm apparently in the minority as I found Mesh rebuildables to be so far and above traditional atty's that I completely switched to vaping exclusively mesh. I've got the old-school mesh attys like the Vandy vape Mesh and the Themis to the newer generation unity,Kyln m, Doom and the recently released KAEES mesh and steam crave aromamizer plus w/ mesh deck plus a ton of Mesh RDAs I won't bother listing. My point is, I'm proficient when it comes to rebuilding Mesh attys. I've had wonderful experiences with all of them with 1 huge exception: the hugsvape ringlord mesh RTA. I tried a few different types of mesh and wicking styles but no matter what I did, I would get dry hits and my wick would burn almost immediately. I gave up on it a month or so ago and shelved it but now that I know there's at least one person in the world who got a good vape out of it, I'll be trying again. Any tips that maybe you can share?

I'm apparently in the minority as I found Mesh rebuildables to be so far and above traditional atty's that I completely switched to vaping exclusively mesh. I've got the old-school mesh attys like the Vandy vape Mesh and the Themis to the newer generation unity,Kyln m, Doom and the recently released KAEES mesh and steam crave aromamizer plus w/ mesh deck plus a ton of Mesh RDAs I won't bother listing. My point is, I'm proficient when it comes to rebuilding Mesh attys. I've had wonderful experiences with all of them with 1 huge exception: the hugsvape ringlord mesh RTA. I tried a few different types of mesh and wicking styles but no matter what I did, I would get dry hits and my wick would burn almost immediately. I gave up on it a month or so ago and shelved it but now that I know there's at least one person in the world who got a good vape out of it, I'll be trying again. Any tips that maybe you can share?

I eventually got completely fed up with the very restricted DTL airflow on the Ringlord and moved it on. As I remember, the very low airflow simply meant longer draw time and hence, much lower power. I think I was running it at 35-40w . I have found that even with my other better airflow mesh devices, I cannot run them consistently, at any higher than 47.5w or I will eventually get a dry hit. However, I don't find any need to go higher due to the superior vapour production of the mesh coil.

Back
Top Bottom