What's new

Best 8 bay charger these days?

graykev

Postman
Hi all,

I am looking for an 8 bay charger as my Nicore 4 bay has given me my moneys worth and the springs are stiffer than...well, they have seen better days!

An 8 bay charger would suit me better now anyway. I really like the look of the Nicorei8 due to its standing up/space saving position but the prices seem all over the place and difficult to know if some of the prices (£32.99) are to good to be true, or fake.

If anyone can recommend a reputable company selling this cheaper than Nicore themselves that would be great. If not, any other 8 bay chargers?

TIA,
Kevin.

I still use the Gyrfalcon All-88. Has worked flawlessly since I bought it. When I do eventually replace it I'll be going with XTAR. Always preferred them to Nitecore but it comes down to individual preference.

I still use the Gyrfalcon All-88. Has worked flawlessly since I bought it. When I do eventually replace it I'll be going with XTAR. Always preferred them to Nitecore but it comes down to individual preference.
Thanks. I will have a look. I'm not against using any other brands as long as they're reliable and safe.

Have the Gyrfalcon too. Used it for about a year with no issues.

0EFF2AD0-19CE-4AF8-B442-7F6C9FA7BD07.jpeg 9EE57823-D039-471D-B786-95F3DFB6BB23.jpeg

Not an 8 bay comment but if you’re unsure about xtar I’ve got a 2 bay that’s been in use since 2014! Just bought another 2 bay for 21700 duties and went xtar again. Build quality seems to have remained the same.

so basically, i don’t think you can go wrong with an xtar :)

Thanks. I will have a look. I'm not against using any other brands as long as they're reliable and safe.

As you can see from the other posts XTAR are popular. I haven't personally used their 8 bay because I've got the Gyrfalcon but I still have the XTAR VC4. I've had it for over 3 years and it's still working perfectly. I moved away from Nitecore completely and gave my i4 away because I always went for the XTAR or Gyrfalcon and it just gathered dust. I just found they felt quite cheap. Quality just didn't feel premium to me.

Have the Gyrfalcon too. Used it for about a year with no issues.

Great charger. Bought mine before the move so must've had it at least 2 1/2 years now and it still works perfectly. Definitely a good buy.

Looking at those links it's slightly cheaper to buy the charger from the first link using the available option to add the plug to the purchase. Not a massive difference but saves a few quid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom