What's new

Aspire BDC owners..

Sassy

Achiever
How are they faring for you now you've had them longer?

Hearing not-so-good things on another forum after a couple of days of use - wondering what you apes reckon!

Ordered a couple yesterday, wondering if I made the right choice now lol

How are they faring for you now you've had them longer?

Hearing not-so-good things on another forum after a couple of days of use - wondering what you apes reckon!

Ordered a couple yesterday, wondering if I made the right choice now lol

Expand on the issues :P If it's people moaning of non wicking yadayada then duff heads or christ knows how many variables could be the culprit but from all i've seen and heard, they're a good bit of kit. I'm holding off on stocking until I see what the PT3 is like in comparison

What I've seen happen time and time again... a big reviewer (like pbusardo) gives these a thumbs up, then throngs of people buy them and the majority have no qualms with the product and therefore have no reason to complain... and IMO the handful that do complain...turns out to be user error more than product error or it is something that is so easily fixable that complaining about it, just made it easier to fix :P

Also there's a new Davide which has dual coil
Well, it's still an aspire coil :P but aye, it's that or the pt3 for me, whichever does better. Think I might do a Vaperdome! 2 tanks enter, 1 tank leaves

as long as I can have Halle Berry in the chain mail dress

I have both types. Bought two Aspires first but as I found the juice level hard to see in certain lights with my old minces, I bought the Anyvape Davide version. Differences? Like my old head, not a lot in it really vape wise but considering the Davides are twice the price, is the larger and clearer tank worth it? Maybe not if you have decent eyesight or budget restrictions.

Also, a word to the wise on the Davide. I'm hazarding a guess here but I think that after they made the originals and tested them, they found leak issues caused by the heads or the main centre posts being a mite short, as they didn't meet tightly in the middle of the tank. They solved this by inserting a silicone filler-piece between the head and the post. However this only remains in place due to the pressure placed on it by screwing the head in. Once you've removed the head, this silicon spacer becomes mobile. So be warned.

One thing I don't like about both is the fact they are not rebuildable (at the moment) and therefore buyers are at the mercy of manufacturers/vendors providing enough spare heads to meet the market. The Protank 3 at least comes with two rebuildable heads but then some cynics may well point out it also means twice the trouble.

Expand on the issues :P If it's people moaning of non wicking yadayada then duff heads or christ knows how many variables could be the culprit but from all i've seen and heard, they're a good bit of kit. I'm holding off on stocking until I see what the PT3 is like in comparison

Mainly juice leaking through the 510 connection. Usual trouble-shooting has been done. O-rings checked, new head fitted, ultra-sonic cleaned before/after. Others reporting burnt taste/drastic downgrade in performance after a couple of days.
PBursado's airflow video has also been watched and doesn't seem to be the issue.

Someone did mention their Davide BDC did the same but a replacement head fixed it. All seem to be the 2 hole heads from what I can work out.

So, after all that, is it a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" chaps (still havent got round to getting one)?

My advice would be to hold back for a while Wodger. You finished that tiling yet btw?

I've had one or two minor weeps on one of the Aspires but then I say to myself "For £7/8 what do you expect"? To me it's acceptable or the price. As is the vape.

Another issue or three I had was finding a device the two Aspires would work on. Neither work on any of the 3 Twists I have. Of 3 Vamos I have, one would not work at all on one, register and fire on another but not vape and would not work on a Sig 20 or a Roller. The second Aspire was similar but on different devices. All in all it looks as if they might be very fragile on 510 post length and also on air control. They maybe similar to Protanks in that you might be lucky or you might not. Cheap does not bode well for QC.

Back
Top Bottom