What's new

Aspire Archon help please?

Coolie27

Achiever
I've got an Aspire Archon as my out and about mod.
I've just noticed that when I fire it, it goes to 8.5 then 14.5 watts( set to 14.5). I'm sure it never used to do this. I've read the manual, googled to no avail, and I'm stuck as how to change it.
Is this normal. I've read about ramp up settings, but it's always in wattage mode. Have I inadvertently messed about with settings. Was looking to reset to factory settings, can't find how to do this. Has anyone any idea how to reset or is this normal.
Thanks in advance.

me not used this mod but just checked the manual and im guessing its the power curve which can be changed in second increments so its starting at 8.5 watts then ramping up to 14.5watts.
change the settings to start at 14.5 on all the seconds http://www.aspirecig.com/uploads/pdf/Aspire_Archon_User_Manual.pdf

Thanks MrDJ, thanks for your help as always. I've tried these settings, just ensured that they were all set as above. It's still doing it regardless.
I thought that you had to select one of the BCP modes for the mod to do that I.E. C1, 2 or 3. Is sticking in wattage mode and still it does the same. It's certainly a head scratcher. I'll keep trying. [emoji106]

I think it's always done it ... my NX75 does the same thing (different mod same company) I have it set to 16w right now and when I fire it shows 11w (very briefly) then 16w ...... it's just the ramp up.

... and to add, the display always shows what it's doing when firing, not what you have it set to ... when the battery runs down it will again show what it's firing at, not what it's set to if the cell can't provide what you are asking of it.

Thanks simong, perhaps I've never noticed it. It was spitting manabush in my eye yesterday [emoji15] through the tank and when I looked at it, I noticed it was setting off at 8.5 and thought somehow that was it. Thanks both for your help and advice. I was noticing on first fire it gives you half of what you set it too. Was wondering if maybe one battery kicks in and then the next. Cheers again [emoji106]

Thanks simong, perhaps I've never noticed it. It was spitting manabush in my eye yesterday [emoji15] through the tank and when I looked at it, I noticed it was setting off at 8.5 and thought somehow that was it. Thanks both for your help and advice. I was noticing on first fire it gives you half of what you set it too. Was wondering if maybe one battery kicks in and then the next. Cheers again [emoji106]

I'm not sure mate but I would guess it's normal for the mod, I wouldn't worry.

I'm not sure mate but I would guess it's normal for the mod, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks very much. Can't find anywhere where you can do a factory reset on Aspire mods. Just incase you ever need it or to sell on. Geek in me likes to know these things. [emoji849]

Thanks very much. Can't find anywhere where you can do a factory reset on Aspire mods. Just incase you ever need it or to sell on. Geek in me likes to know these things. [emoji849]

never done such a thing on any of my mods, sorry mate. :D

Back
Top Bottom