What's new

Argus GT... durability?

WalterMelon

Initiate
My 1st external battery mod was the Aegis Solo because it seemed crazy not to get any "portable electronic" that isn't water and impact proof. I've since learned that very few mods are IP rated or made of a shock resistant coating.

So how durable is the Argus GT Will putting on a wet counter fry it, will crack/shatter if it gets knocked off my desk onto a hardwood floor?

VooPoo mods are pretty solid, although not Ages-level solid. I dropped my old Drag 2 Mini on concrete and it only suffered a dent in the corner and a slight rattle to one of the side panels. That being said, there's always a chance an unlucky fall will damage any mod.

If you're looking for durable mods that aren't in the Aegis line then it might be worth checking out the Sigelei Humvee 215 (this isn't IP67 but it's rubberised) and Vandy Vape Jackaroo (there's a couple of these - single 21700 or dual 18650).

My 1st external battery mod was the Aegis Solo because it seemed crazy not to get any "portable electronic" that isn't water and impact proof. I've since learned that very few mods are IP rated or made of a shock resistant coating.

So how durable is the Argus GT Will putting on a wet counter fry it, will crack/shatter if it gets knocked off my desk onto a hardwood floor?

@Vaporesso FORZ Tx 80 is water/shock/dust proof. Ip67

upload_2021-3-19_15-49-57.png

Get an aspire finnix, then all u have to worry about is the floor breaking.

I dunno which i would choose solo vs forz. They both have their weaknesses. Lookswise tho, the forz is really nice, specially the brick black

I prefer the forz over the solo.

Solo can fit bigger tank
Forz feels better in hand
Forz has pulse and ft modes
Forz overall looks nicer

I have mine since aug 2020 but I wouldnt say its something that will resist any hard shock.
Have a look for the Vandy Vape Gaur. Solid 2x21700 mod

I prefer the forz over the solo.

Solo can fit bigger tank
Forz feels better in hand
Forz has pulse and ft modes
Forz overall looks nicer

I don't care how it looks Argus, Solo, and Forz are all pretty ugly but I think the Forz is by far the ugliest, (light grey bezel, black body, medium grey trim, 1 orr 2 colored grip, and have the giant "Forz" printed on the grip... too much happening.

If you're looking for durable mods that aren't in the Aegis line then it might be worth checking out the Sigelei Humvee 215 (this isn't IP67 but it's rubberised) and Vandy Vape Jackaroo (there's a couple of these - single 21700 or dual 18650).

...I dunno which i would choose solo vs forz. They both have their weaknesses. Lookswise tho, the forz is really nice, specially the brick black

Solo and Argus are the same price, Forz a tiny bit more. Dual battery would be nice, but not worth paying extra for. Standing it on a wet standing surface, or a cat pushing it off my desk is the level of durability I need.
Seems like the Argus' battery door is going to let water wick in so I think that's the end of that idea. Forz it is.

Last edited:
Its not ugly at all
20210320_230236.jpg
20210320_230101.jpg
20210320_230057.jpg
20210320_230108.jpg

My main disagreement with it is the fire button, it couldve been a little stiffer, other than that i luv it
(I mean, u can think its ugly if u want, i could care less, but i like it)

Last edited:
Its not ugly at all
View attachment 242626 View attachment 242627 View attachment 242628 View attachment 242629

My main disagreement with it is the fire button, it couldve been a little stiffer, other than that i luv it
(I mean, u can think its ugly if u want, i could care less, but i like it)
Ok, it's not bad, the cloth is better than the pleather on the other mods. BUT black body, silver bezel, and light blue lcd display looks like a 2002 panasonic vcr/dvd combo.

I just ordered two of them o_O

Back
Top Bottom