What's new

Ares 2 tank leaking

Bruben

Postman
Hi all,

Really enjoying using an RTA instead of a stock coil tank, so much so my other tanks have been boxed up and put away!

However, my Ares 2 is leaking. It seems to be coming from the bottom somewhere - maybe the air holes?

I’ve changed all the o rings and no better.

Any tips on stopping it leaking and wasting my juice?!

I’ve attached a pic in case that helps.

Cheers!
25A78B8A-C028-452D-891E-AE771BBECE73.jpeg

If it's coming out of the air holes it's most likely an issue with your wicking.
@Bruben
Post a picture of your build see if we can see if anything is wrong.

check the o-rings in the tank are all present and in good condition - but its 99% odds on that @StrawberryRipple nailed it - its probably a wicking problem.

I don't own this tank so recommend you watch a few Youtube vids for build tips.

Attachments

• A7FEDD7F-93DD-4284-816D-E7811BC9E651.jpeg
    A7FEDD7F-93DD-4284-816D-E7811BC9E651.jpeg
    538.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 6E585E77-6D2A-402C-8FDA-4275AD493CE3.jpeg
    6E585E77-6D2A-402C-8FDA-4275AD493CE3.jpeg
    607 KB · Views: 215
check the o-rings in the tank are all present and in good condition - but its 99% odds on that @StrawberryRipple nailed it - its probably a wicking problem.

I don't own this tank so recommend you watch a few Youtube vids for build tips.
Cheers @Crispycritters checked and changed the o rings so think they’re good. Also watched lots of vids but still can’t see where I’m going wrong lol

Cheers @StrawberryRipple Pics attached. Too much or not enough cotton?
Looks good.
Not enough thickness in the wicking ports will allow juice through and onto the deck.
From there it will run into the air intake and out through the air holes.
If its leaking the wick probably needs to be a touch thicker in the juice wells.

Looks good.
Not enough thickness in the wicking ports will allow juice through and onto the deck.
From there it will run into the air intake and out through the air holes.
If its leaking the wick probably needs to be a touch thicker in the juice wells.
Ahhh, that sounds likely. I have been thinning the cotton that goes into the wells quite a lot as I read somewhere that too much can cause dry hits? Probably more fine tuning required by me!

Ahhh, that sounds likely. I have been thinning the cotton that goes into the wells quite a lot as I read somewhere that too much can cause dry hits? Probably more fine tuning required by me!
I found wicking one of the hardest things to get right. Too much and it dry hits. Too little and get a lot of gurgling and flooding. Sometimes if the wick is too close to the airflow intake too (but yours looks fine, to my amateur eyes at least).

I'm curious though... doesn't the ares 2 have a raised deck, and shouldn't that stop any minor leaking from understuffed wicking holes?

I found wicking one of the hardest things to get right. Too much and it dry hits. Too little and get a lot of gurgling and flooding. Sometimes if the wick is too close to the airflow intake too (but yours looks fine, to my amateur eyes at least).

I'm curious though... doesn't the ares 2 have a raised deck, and shouldn't that stop any minor leaking from understuffed wicking holes?
Yep! Definitely agree with wicking being the hardest bit lol. Just tried a build with thicker cotton and it tasted very cottony :doh:

can you disassemble the device, and peak into it to find out where the leak is from?

Back
Top Bottom