What's new

Apologies, but I need your recommendations on a set up.

You can get the mini serpent as a subtank now numpty. (FT have some) they take kanger coils and they are pretty much the most common on the market and come in a variety of styles including ss and ni for tc duty. Looks dead tidy.
Checking now ... thank you. Not to doubt you at all but are we certain Kanger's stainless coils do TC? Their coils are as confusing as fuck on the SS thing. Last I checked they were only talking about the casing being SS on their SSOC or whatever coils and that the wire wasn't SS. Their nickel coils are awful so it would have to be stainless.

I tried the blue tc kanger coils. I didn't rate them but to be honest, I really didn't put that much effort into trying to make them work

I always forget about the serpant sub ohm I have one and it's a great little tank takes the wotofo coils and the kangertech ones. I just buy the kanger ones now and it's good to go
Gives good flavour

Checking now ... thank you. Not to doubt you at all but are we certain Kanger's stainless coils do TC? Their coils are as confusing as fuck on the SS thing. Last I checked they were only talking about the casing being SS on their SSOC or whatever coils and that the wire wasn't SS. Their nickel coils are awful so it would have to be stainless.
I used to get mixed up with them the SSOC is on the box as the outer casing is stainless steel and the oc organic cotton. You can check what coils they are by the resistor colour on the coil
The red and pink can be misleading

Kangertech coil info
Red resitor on coil nichrome
Blue resitor on coil is nickel
Pink resistor on coil is stainless steel
Black resitor on coil is Clapton

Any recommendations on internal battery mods and where best to get them and the atties gratefully received.

Kangertech coil info
Red resitor on coil nichrome
Blue resitor on coil is nickel
Pink resistor on coil is stainless steel
Black resitor on coil is Clapton
It gets even more complex than that the red ssocc converted from nichrome to steel. Now are they still steel ?. They had a lot of criticism for calling them ssocc and just having steel casing so they switched the coil to steel. I've lost track a bit. The ni 200 coils are good in fact excellent as long as you don't use them with a kanger device. The ni tc on kanger mods is awful. On my DNA 200 they offer a lovely clean flavour.

Any recommendations on internal battery mods and where best to get them and the atties gratefully received.
Can confirm the ssocc 0.5 coils are 316l. The ssocc 1.2 and 1.5 are nickel.
https://kangeronline.com/products/kanger-stainless-steel-organic-cotton-coil?variant=9185586373
So all ssocc 0.5 coils available I'm the UK should all know be 316L wire. The occ are nickel. I do remember now when the first ssocc coils came out they where a small barrel shape with two juice inlets. These only ran for a month before being replaced with the bigger 3 hole (1small, 2 large) barrel shape steel wire coils.

Long and short is you shouldn't find anything but steel wire ones that are capable of tc or wattage in the uk under the ssocc logo.

The big plus is every vape shop has them and you have tons of choice from 0.2 to 1.5 and clapton, ceramic ect ect.

Can confirm the ssocc 0.5 coils are 316l. The ssocc 1.2 and 1.5 are nickel.
https://kangeronline.com/products/kanger-stainless-steel-organic-cotton-coil?variant=9185586373
So all ssocc 0.5 coils available I'm the UK should all know be 316L wire. The occ are nickel. I do remember now when the first ssocc coils came out they where a small barrel shape with two juice inlets. These only ran for a month before being replaced with the bigger 3 hole (1small, 2 large) barrel shape steel wire coils.

Long and short is you shouldn't find anything but steel wire ones that are capable of tc or wattage in the uk under the ssocc logo.

The big plus is every vape shop has them and you have tons of choice from 0.2 to 1.5 and clapton, ceramic ect ect.
Step 3, real world. Just nicked one of Mrs kids. (Bought boxes of them for a quid in the liberty flights tpd sale) and they are indeed steel. Works like a charm in the toptank on the DNA 200.

Back
Top Bottom