What's new

Any tips for building on the Loop V1.5?

JohnnyAce

Veteran
I received this yesterday & built it straight away & I'm a little disappointed so far, the airflow's silky smooth but I feel like I'm getting pretty muted flavour.

From the vids I was watching they were saying a 7mm coil leg length, it felt a little long to me, like the coils were too far from the deck

I wasn't too sure on coil position either, like I positioned them directly above the bottom of the double Vs but then looking down the 810 they're not directly beneath

The cotton, I've rewicked it four times today, but it's not wicked great. The wick slots are tiny for an RDA, I normally thin them out a bit, drip them & all's good. With this it's too much so I'm snipping bits off the width, thinning out more & it still feels too much

I'll give it a total rebuild tomorrow, anyway, any hints in getting the best out of this sucker?

I cut my legs to 6 and the tails of the cotton I bow tie then cut the corners off the bow ties so the ends of the cotton look like the tip of a knife then place them in [emoji6] and for flavour it depends on the coils and wattage I'm running because I think the loop needs good size coils and lots of power (100w+) to truly shine on the flavour front

I cut my legs to 6 and the tails of the cotton I bow tie then cut the corners off the bow ties so the ends of the cotton look like the tip of a knife then place them in [emoji6] and for flavour it depends on the coils and wattage I'm running because I think the loop needs good size coils and lots of power (100w+) to truly shine on the flavour front
Awesome, thanks! I'm thinking 6mm for next time, 7 feels too leggy if you know what I mean

I'll trim the wick into knife point too [emoji106]

I'm upto around 90w on it, I'll up it some before I pull the build out

Awesome, thanks! I'm thinking 6mm for next time, 7 feels too leggy if you know what I mean

I'll trim the wick into knife point too [emoji106]

I'm upto around 90w on it, I'll up it some before I pull the build out
I know what you mean mate first time I built it I cut the legs to 7 dropped a coil in and took it strait back out for that reason it looked like I had more legs than coil [emoji23]

I cur the legs as short as i could get away with and push the coils as far into the v grooves as possible then just tease them up slightly jsut to clear them from touching anything.
Wicking tight in the coils but really rake the tails out well.

I cur the legs as short as i could get away with and push the coils as far into the v grooves as possible then just tease them up slightly jsut to clear them from touching anything.
Wicking tight in the coils but really rake the tails out well.

Yeah, it takes some raking, I think my last wick job nailed it but those ports are really tight, most RTAs have bigger

Did another build, Ni80 triple core fused claptons ohming out at 0.17, 6mm legs. Made sure the centres of the coils were centred over the 2 airholes at the bottom of the V's. Wicked it up, thinned the hell out of the cotton & cut them into a point & its still not great. Tried 80w, 90w, 100w & 110w & the cloud's there, the airlfow's silky but the flavours very average. Cut the airflow down by a third at 80w & still nothing great. It's wicking well & nice & juicy

I'll play with it some more when I've got the energy & spare building time

@RAPTOREX I thought I'd post here rather than clog up the other thread but I went with 4mm in the end as you said. Loads better, it's a really nice vape now

Lower is definitely better with this sucker, I think 4mm is the shortest you'll get away with as they'd be not a lot left to position your coil with but right now they've about a 1mm from the airflow slots

0.14 ohm build about 90-95w is the sweet spot, 100w & it gets a little warm

Back
Top Bottom