What's new

250c problem

Ok thanks, i will have to get some iso spray and will be a little project for the weekend :)
I think you are right about the ribbon that goes to the board tho. So will take apart and clean everything.
Cheers.

Ok thanks, i will have to get some iso spray and will be a little project for the weekend :)
I think you are right about the ribbon that goes to the board tho. So will take apart and clean everything.
Cheers.
Worth a try before parting with cash. YT will probably have a strip down of whichever mod it is to use as a guide, and don't lose any screws ;). Glad to be of help :2thumbsup:

Centaurus, my stab wood one :( I will sort it tho, hopefully this weekend :)

Well the contact cleaner has worked. just put the screws in the wrong places, so have to take the 510 off again take the 4 from under and change the 4 from the bit that holds the door on and try and get the rubber bits lined up properly under the buttons and then done!. :)

I am too, wasn't sure if it would work but 3 good sprays all over board and dry of with a light blow from air compressor seems to have done it. It looked like the juice had got between the 2 main live and negative wires, or was in the screen plug as i took that out to and cleaned. Happy days will finish later tonight now i Know i have solved the problem :)

Glad I found this thread, I have a Paranormal that Auto fires, and put it aside until I bought a new board, so I bought a tin of Contact Cleaner and stripped it down, and gave it a damn good spraying and clean with a toothbrush, the insides were filthy. I did this 4 days ago, and touch wood it hasn’t played up yet, so I’m hoping this has worked and saved me £70+ on a new board.

Just stumbled across this thread. I’m glad @mattc1 and @Budgieuk01 you have managed to sort them.

Hopefully this could prove a point to fellow vapers that if you think a mod is dead/faulty it’s worth getting some isopropyl alcohol or WD 40 contact cleaner and cleaning the device a few times.

juice on a circuit board creates a huge number of weird faults. But with a little patience and a couple of cleans it’s worth a shot.

some times as @mattc1 said if stripping the device fully to access the board is difficult then open it up best you can and spray with contact cleaner then blast it with compressed air. Repeat this process a few times and leave to dry a few hours.

definitely worth a shot and could save you a few £££

Back
Top Bottom