What's new

21700 mechanical tubes?

So because I've linked to the manufacturer directly, who does state it is 2x700 on the website. Which it is, that another vendor doesn't... Means I've made out you're lieing? Right...

I'm not going to argue with you, ffs. It fits, it's designed for it, it says so on the box. I don't know why you've an issue with it.

Well you could just point out that on the box it comes in it explicitly states: "Use high discharge non re-wrap quality brand 18650/20700/21700 batteries."
Your post makes it look like I'm lying and suggesting the OP run it "out of spec" which is not only wrong - it's annoying and has steered him towards a hybrid which he didn't initially want. There are no problems running a 21700 in it, in fact it's all I've run in it for months. Machining is fine too, fwiw.

I probably wouldn't run a clone GT4 on a hybrid unless the pin protrudes more than the authentic's 510. One of which I'll stick on the Nato and photograph if the OP wants to see how it looks.

Sure, if it isn't too much to ask for - at the very least i get an idea.

I'm not going to argue with you, ffs. It fits, it's designed for it, it says so on the box. I don't know why you've an issue with it.
I'm not arguing. You stated EV don't have it listed (but you do use 2x700), so I linked to the manufacturer who does state it.

I'm not arguing. You stated EV don't have it listed (but you do use 2x700), so I linked to the manufacturer who does state it.

I think there is some kind of misunderstanding here. 21700 isn't mentioned in the sales listing so anyone searching for a 21700 capable may not realise it's suitable. So I've pointed out that it does, I know for a fact it does and therefore it perhaps ought to be in the running. That's literally it. There's no conspiracy, there's no forcing a cell in where it doesn't belong or anything dodgy, no companies shadily covering themselves in case of an issue, none of that.

I think there is some kind of misunderstanding here. 21700 isn't mentioned in the sales listing so anyone searching for a 21700 capable may not realise it's suitable. So I've pointed out that it does, I know for a fact it does and therefore it perhaps ought to be in the running. That's literally it. There's no conspiracy, there's no forcing a cell in where it doesn't belong or anything dodgy, no companies shadily covering themselves in case of an issue, none of that.
Didn't say there was...

However the person wishing to buy it may want to see the spec from the place they're buying it.

For the record dude...

What I'm saying is, as the buyer he may wish to see the full spec from the place he'd be buying it. It wasn't listed fully, that's why I linked to VC directly. The buyer may wish to see the full spec and dimensions.

One thing Bogan diesn't mention is that a lot of people, myself included, will put batt in +ve end up wherever the vents are. If you do this the mod will autofire through the coil rather than hard short if +ve down. If you battery is up to what the coil demands it is less likely to vent and will just discharge at or below its max cdr.
He does mention this in his review of the broadside when he takes the manual out of the box.

problem there is that the negative post is wobbly, can twist it around 5 degrees in both directions

It could be that the 510 pin has come slightly loose. My drop dead RDA was doing this until I took all the post plates out and put them back in carefully on top of the 510 pin so that the threading could reach the appropriate place to be tightened.

It could be that the 510 pin has come slightly loose. My drop dead RDA was doing this until I took all the post plates out and put them back in carefully on top of the 510 pin so that the threading could reach the appropriate place to be tightened.

Tried, it's hard to explain. If i assemble my Bonza, or more specifically, if i put the negative post (it's the negative post that wobbles) in and properly screw it down, you can actually see a tiny gap between the base of the post and the "hole" that it screws down into. It's as tight as i can possibly get it (it's tighter than i am comfortable with, was scared that i strip the screw) - still twisting. I overstated it though, it's not 5 degrees, it's maybe 2 degrees in either direction from center. Ohms still jump though.

yR4n2qc.jpg

Can't take a better picture with me phone, but kinda shows it. That goes in both directions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom