What's new

£100 pound to spend on a box , any advice for a newbie

If he just wants to vape his subtank mini at 20 watts on a snowwolf, what does he really need to learn? He said he wants something longer lasting, not that he wanted to throw 200 watts at a mini. It only takes a few concentrated hours to learn this vaping shit anyway, if you really want to.

Its easy really, if someones fairly new to vaping and with a subtank at 20W and then they get a 200W box mod how long do you thinks its gonna take for the newbie to think "well this goes to 200W so lets try it" ?..... There could be an accident waiting to happen there ie: the wrong batteries, the wrong atty, the wrong coil ohms etc etc...its what makes this forum so bloody great and thats the advice you will get to get you on the right path and help you stay on the right path safely... Some may take offence at being given some advice, but the intentions is there to help new vapers and give them some understanding and to learn about it....i know i'll buy this 200W box mod, i like look of that atty and i'll have that juice and oow those batteries look ok and there cheap.... Combined could make a nice noise and a painfull one..imo

He sounds like a sensible person, who has stated that he's used to working with batteries. Nobody here knows what else he has already learned. He just asked for some advice on a mod. It's one thing to offer friendly safety advice to someone but there's no need to patronise the fuck out of him.

He wants a future proof mod that he can grow into. No need for folk to get their knickers in a twist with their "only great vapers like me can be trusted with such powerful devices."

Just this really guys, don't mean to upset anyone, and I am listening to advice, but I still want to buy one that's going to be probably my last one for a while, I don't need or want the temp control, the nickel coils or such stuff for now, but I don't wanna be buying another box next year if the temp stuff starts pulling me in, I will mostly stick a kanger tank on it and the occasional drippers for some big clouds.

Then go for the sigelei they are well made and it will last, you say i think you vaping at 20W with subtank mini (correct me if i'm wrong) ...do you know about ohms and building coils yet? I suspect not and your now talking about chucking a dripper on it for big clouds!!! .... Well you will need to know about drippers and coil building plus when i'm using a dripper its sub ohm builds and vaping at around 70+ watts sometimes i'll even crank it up to 200W... But thats because i know my batteries & my coils and my RDA and the juice i'm vaping..... Please please take your time and build your self upto it, it will be a more pleasant experience.. Trust me it won't take long fella and you"ll be a much more happier vaper... Theres nothing worse than a bad experiences but theres nothing better than a great vape.

Are we jumping the gun here, or are my tired eyes missing something?

Where has the OP said he knows nothing about safety ect?

For all we know, this guy could know everything, and more. So stating all he knows is this and that, is a bit out of order IMO, unless someone has a a special gift of being psychic. He/She hasn't once said they need help on battery safety.

Just because someone 2 weeks into vaping, doesn't mean they know nothing at all. I get the fact of trying to warn someone, I do it myself, just in case they have not already familiarised themselves, but as previously stated, claiming they don't know much, and they need to revise, is a bit judgmental, isn't it?

Its easy really, if someones fairly new to vaping and with a subtank at 20W and then they get a 200W box mod how long do you thinks its gonna take for the newbie to think "well this goes to 200W so lets try it" ?..... There could be an accident waiting to happen there ie: the wrong batteries, the wrong atty, the wrong coil ohms etc etc...its what makes this forum so bloody great and thats the advice you will get to get you on the right path and help you stay on the right path safely... Some may take offence at being given some advice, but the intentions is there to help new vapers and give them some understanding and to learn about it....i know i'll buy this 200W box mod, i like look of that atty and i'll have that juice and oow those batteries look ok and there cheap.... Combined could make a nice noise and a painfull one..imo

Joe.... you are spot on and thanks dudue....mr-numpty.... you trolling me is going to give some someone who needs genuine help an accident waiting to happen....I have no scooby who you are, except you have been a member for a few months...and you use an I leaf 30watt! Yet you troll me, few members answer you....yet you give shit advice! Some novices come on here, like this fella and need guidance rather than listening to your ageenda's!!!!!

It is as plain as the nose on your face that the OP is a novice and that clouds.....(yeah, you mr-numpty) know little about or fit to advise on. OP, wind ya chin in....ask respectfully and learn....otherwise, take a short answer, take no notice and move on!..........I might add, that if I answer a question...I have been on here a long time and mod building is my hobby....maybe I know something!!!!!!!

Are we jumping the gun here, or are my tired eyes missing something?

Where has the OP said he knows nothing about safety ect?

For all we know, this guy could know everything, and more. So stating all he knows is this and that, is a bit out of order IMO, unless someone has a a special gift of being psychic. He/She hasn't once said they need help on battery safety.

Just because someone 2 weeks into vaping, doesn't mean they know nothing at all. I get the fact of trying to warn someone, I do it myself, just in case they have not already familiarised themselves, but as previously stated, claiming they don't know much, and they need to revise, is a bit judgmental, isn't it?

NO....because if they did...they wouldn't be asking, sorry dude!

mr_numpty
All thats being said after the fella said hes NEW to vaping is some advice and to be honest he might know stuff already but to be honest i'm not and expert and i do not claim to be one either and to be honest i don't think anyone on heres makes that claim but hes been vaping a couple of weeks and all his getting is advice from people who have been vaping longer and are just giving they're opinion, now to be fair if i was the newbie on here i would be taking all the advice i was given, if i did'nt then if something went wrong then that would be my own stupid fault for not listening to any advice i was given....we are all here to help everyone from newbies right upto thickos like me to not only have a great vaping experience but also a SAFE one.

So thats it now fellas... Its very early morning and probly all tired....so lets now just get back to trying to help this guy out.... Its why we're here [emoji6][emoji106]

So, the sigelei 150w is taking my fancy, not really into the temp control stuff so not an issue and get a kanger tank as I like the way they operate and they work well imo, taking all the advice guys, if there was a 50w available with double 18650 battery capacity I'd be all over it, that's why I asked, to see if I'm missing an obvious choice, I also like quality kit , built my own coils guys, no worry's there so far, hit a nice 0.30 ohm for my latest rda as that's the lowest the kanger kit will fire

NO....because if they did...they wouldn't be asking, sorry dude!

I really don't understand.. Explain to me?

Because they've asked for suggestions on their next mod, they know nothing? The makes no sense to me at all. I'm not looking to argue with any one, I'm just confused on why this OP has been accused of knowing nothing, when all his done is asked for some recommendations. I quite frequently ask for recommendations, and I know a LOT of people here do, experienced or not.

Advice is great, love seeing people be helpful, I try to be as helpful as I can be as well. That's the main reason I love this site, we all look out for each other's safety. As I said though, there's advice here, but then there's also some psychic judgmental crap too lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom