What's new

The Vaper Expo 2016 - 7th & 8th May. So who's going?

Vape Fest is like the polar opposite of this. They had the Perino girls last year, but that was the only scantily clad vendor promo girls.

The whole event is more of a social occasion than a "Trade Show" and is the main reason that it is the only one I make sure to attend.

I'm a bloke, I like boobs... Who dosent?

But when I'm trying to wander around and sample some juice, look at mods and talk to vendors about their products, I don't need or want them around me waving their sweaty clout around to be honest.

If I wanted that, there is plenty of "shops" around that offer that service and more for less than £20 [emoji16]

I just don't see the need of it, half of the people you can see actually avoiding walking past them.

As for vendors or people working on behalf of the vendors talking about what they got up to last night or texting their mates, when your stood there waiting to be served.... Well that's just customer service at its finest.

Not for me at all, I think il be doing a massive swerve of any future events.

I agree it's unnecessary, but I've long given up challenging things I disagree with - there are just too many.

It doesn't actually do any harm, apart from making female vapers uncomfortable, and it's hardly going to tarnish the image of vaping held by the general public.

I had the opposite experience on Saturday where almost every vendor was trying to drag me to their counter to try their liquids, but I guess by Sunday afternoon they're all feeling a bit tired of it all.

While agreeing with your criticisms, I still love being somewhere surrounded by other vapers and being free to vape as I like, so will attend these events whenever I can.

Well I had a great time yesterday

20160508_031153.jpg

I agree it's unnecessary, but I've long given up challenging things I disagree with - there are just too many.

It doesn't actually do any harm, apart from making female vapers uncomfortable, and it's hardly going to tarnish the image of vaping held by the general public.

I had the opposite experience on Saturday where almost every vendor was trying to drag me to their counter to try their liquids, but I guess by Sunday afternoon they're all feeling a bit tired of it all.

While agreeing with your criticisms, I still love being somewhere surrounded by other vapers and being free to vape as I like, so will attend these events whenever I can.

Oh, I completely agree buddy.

I enjoy being around other vapers, everyone I spoke to was friendly and chatty. The company was the best part.

I still think the prices were a bit shit, there was maybe 5 or 6 vendors offering good deals, everything else was either the same as online or more expensive than online.

The Vape flasks were a good buy at £30 and I had a very good deal on some of the juice.

I guess I was just expecting more deals and less boobs [emoji16]

Maybe the vendors should loose the girls, and discount their wages off the liquid. Just my opinion :)

@puffinclouds problem is, sex sells. That's why you will see scantily clad women there. That is why you see scantily clad women draped over cars. That is why you see scantily clad women chasing a man because of the deodorant he has just sprayed. All I tend to do is take a look, think to myself 'nice!' (or not, as the case may be) and move along.

@puffinclouds problem is, sex sells. That's why you will see scantily clad women there. That is why you see scantily clad women draped over cars. That is why you see scantily clad women chasing a man because of the deodorant he has just sprayed. All I tend to do is take a look, think to myself 'nice!' (or not, as the case may be) and move along.

Oh, I get that completely buddy. Just some times it's a bit over the top.

Let's take liquid state and Charlie's chalk dust for example, I love one particular flavour from each of those, liquid state had a nice upmarket looking area, all the bells and whistles, two young lads about my age talking the customers through the flavours, and a hot American babe taking orders, she didn't need to have her bangers pulled right up her ass crack and tits flapping all over the place.... Yet they were rammed with customers.

Charlie's area, the same very nice looking pitch all the gadgets TVs etc.

3 or 4 girls walking around with it all hanging out, literally stood there and watched people avoiding them on purpose, there area was no where near as busy.

Both great brands, both great juice.

Both had offers on.

Just my opinion any ways :)

I was also surprised about the prices, there were much better deals to be had at Vape Jam. I chalked that up to the fact I went to VJ on Sunday, but VE on a Saturday.

Re the booth babe stuff, it's immature marketing by an immature industry, and feels so 1970s car show! At best it's embarrassing. It's also completely dismissive of the huge number of lady vapers there. It's also missing a huge chunk of the demographic. I saw more 'normal' people whose age doesn't start with a 2 anymore than I did the 'snapback' sporting cloud chasing ohm-boys who the tits, ass and loud music are really aimed at. But that's a criticism of the entire industry rather than any particular event.

Luckily being of the female persuasion most of the naked smiley chicks avoided me (literally, avoided). Which was fine. I would much rather talk to someone who knows something about vaping, and it was painfully apparent when that wasn't the case.

There was only one stall where they were busy flicking vape bands at the opposite booth and playing silly buggers, but the rest were really keen to get you on board, at least on Saturday. Maybe the party Saturday night was a bit much and everyone was tired!!!

Pity, but it has given me an idea for an alternative vape event...hmmm....!

You're coming to vape fest though? Not necessarily with work, just to chill. It's gonna be my first this year and I purposely avoided this and Vape Jam as I don't do too well when surrounded by numpties.
From what I've seen Vapefest is more about the community than anything else, families and pets there too. I think it'd be a hoot.

Back
Top Bottom