What's new

Post Vapefest thoughts :)

AndyC1971

Veteran
Right, now I have come down from the euphoria of yesterday, things have become a bit clearer, and just wanted to share my thoughts with you :)

Firstly, I was quite in awe of people yesterday. I picked up an Australian, that has frequented and lived in several places, I also picked up someone who was half Welsh, and after dropping them, I picked up a couple of Scottish people, so even before I got to the venue, I felt a little like the UN :)

Upon arriving, I met a 'merican and lots of Northerners, and some Southerners too. Chatting away in the queue, we started to move inside. It wasnt until I entered the tent, I realised how many people were there. I zoomed off and got my Kayfun lite, that I had been wanting for a week, and upon arriving back to the PoTV area, the banter and a cheer followed. Soon, I started to meet people and was able to put faces to names, and continually looking around, I saw hundreds people, all different. Different nationalities, religions, skin colour, interests, occupations, but we all had one thing in common, our passion for vaping, a different method of nicotine delivery. All laughing, all joking, and thats when the penny finally dropped, it was under threat, Vapefest 2016 might never exist :(

Not only are the EU taking away my right to vape, but looking to take my community away from me too, and that was a horrible feeling. Imagine being next to a loved one, look in their eyes and imagine in 3 years time, not being there with them, thats how I felt. 10 minutes or so passed by, then as usual I got the piss ripped out of me by ZT, and back to being happy again :)

Throughout the day, both PoTV and non PoTV people were chatting, shoving their PVs under my nose to try the different range of liquids, that I liked the sound of, and not once when giving it back did they wipe the top, because we are all one of the same, and thats good enough for us :)

I saw a couple that were local, and vaping away on eGos, looking all worried and in awe of the scene, and within minutes strangers had gone up to them, and were chatting, showing them their devices, now would you get that passion or commitment from a SmokersFest??

Upon getting home from VF, I had feelings of contentment, euphoria, positiveness but most of all happiness. Proud to be associated to Vaping and this fine forum. Now I still have these feelings, but I have also started to find anger, resentment and irritation creeping in because the whole community is under threat, and in 3 years time, I may never see some of you ever again :(

Mate I sincerely believe whatever happens some of the friendships forged through Vaping won't simply stop. We wil just have to go underground ;) how about a vape rave?

Mate I sincerely believe whatever happens some of the friendships forged through Vaping won't simply stop. We wil just have to go underground ;) how about a vape rave?

As long as OccultScientist pays the bill, the planet will always be here :P I seriously doubt a medical ban will get rid of us THAT easy. Nothing is going to stop mods from being sold as battery compartments, they cant take away our wicks n wires or the batteries we need. I think our only problem is going to lie in legally obtaining nicotine at the levels we prefer without a prescription and limited to certain flavours.

I still stand strong, STOCK UP ON NIC BASE NOW!

As long as OccultScientist pays the bill, the planet will always be here :P I seriously doubt a medical ban will get rid of us THAT easy. Nothing is going to stop mods from being sold as battery compartments, they cant take away our wicks n wires or the batteries we need. I think our only problem is going to lie in legally obtaining nicotine at the levels we prefer without a prescription and limited to certain flavours.

I still stand strong, STOCK UP ON NIC BASE NOW!

No need we will just get you to get your family to ship it over from the states as a care package :-)

With the community as strong as it is there will be a fight on the hands of the powers that be :)

Back
Top Bottom