What's new

Paying for stuff at vapefest

Thanks.
Unfortunately costs a fortune to get cash from a credit card though which would kinda negate any discount that was there especially when I have no clue what I might buy and how much I'd be.
Which is why I hoped I'd be able to pay by PayPal as it's linked to my credit card.

EH? That's not my experience of using the plastic. I don't see how paying by card is any different than paying by Paypal – it shouldn't cost any more.

I think that a lot of people have got completely the WRONG idea about Vapefest.

It's not some bargain boot fair, it's a party and a celebration of all things vapery.

Sure you can buy stuff, if you want to, but that really isn't the point of going.

Vapefest is a superparty not a supermarket!

Last edited:
EH? That's not my experience of using the plastic. I don't see how paying by card is any different than paying by Paypal – it shouldn't cost any more.

I think that a lot of people have got completely the WRONG idea about Vapefest.

It's not some bargain boot fair, it's a party and a celebration of all things vapery.

Sure you can buy stuff, if you want to, but that really isn't the reason for going.

Vapefest is a superparty not a supermarket!

Think he means drawing cash out at a cash point as the credit card co will charge huge interest rates on cash rather than normal transaction through a card machine in a shop ;)

Think he means drawing cash out at a cash point as the credit card co will charge huge interest rates on cash rather than normal transaction through a card machine in a shop ;)

Credit card > paypal the OH monies > bank transfer > withdraw ;)

Interest avoided hehe

Sent From Within A Plume Of Mofucking Vapor, Boo Yaa

Yes - but, as the quote form the Dummies page states, we have already vetoed any fee paying cash points on site.

Perhaps I wasn't being clear - some vendors will accept card payment for their wares. That's it. Nothing else. No vendors will be offering cash back because... that would be insane!

I have provided links to all the cash points in Shrewsbury. Most of them are free and most of them are within a ten minute walk of the festival site – this could be a good thing! Most of the vapers I saw last year could definitely use a little bit of exercise...

Yes - but, as the quote form the Dummies page states, we have already vetoed any fee paying cash points on site.

Perhaps I wasn't being clear - some vendors will accept card payment for their wares. That's it. Nothing else. No vendors will be offering cash back because... that would be insane!

I have provided links to all the cash points in Shrewsbury. Most of them are free and most of them are within a ten minute walk of the festival site – this could be a good thing! Most of the vapers I saw last year could definitely use a little bit of exercise...

Credit cards (not debit cards) charge extra interest for drawing cash out. Regardless if the machine charges a fee ;)

Eg normal purchase interest rate pa is 18% on purchases
Cash withdrawal is 35% pa plus a fee for taking cash out on the credit card.

Credit cards (not debit cards) charge extra interest for drawing cash out. Regardless if the machine charges a fee ;)

Oh I see... my bad – I assumed everyone had debit cards these days. Those Credit Cards sound like bad news... how do people get money then? I'm confused. Is this a northern thing?

Oh I see... my bad – I assumed everyone had debit cards these days. Those Credit Cards sound like bad news... how do people get money then? I'm confused. Is this a northern thing?

Lol

Nah its one of them cards when a company trusts you to borrow money (use the card) and pay a little off each month.

You know like a buy now pay later when getting a sofa / new car. Kinda like a finance agreement. But with a little "flexible friend".

I think he's just wanting to smash his credit card balance in the most frugal way possible. ;)

Some vendors are taking card machines as I've had enquiries on the wifi and the mobile signal for this specific purpose. However, it's not in our interest to dictate to vendors what payment methods they accept.

The likely situation is that cash will be king. However I know some are also thinking of Paypal as an alternative option.

Lol Miss Pepper is correct :-) which is why I can't afford to draw cash out of a cash point using it.

That's not a bad idea Huggett might be worth a try if the wife can remember her details lol

We practically live on our credit cards which is why we never have any cash.

We practically live on our credit cards which is why we never have any cash.

My overdrafts bad enough :-P, im sick of throwing the junk mail credit card applications in the bin

Sent From Within A Plume Of Mofucking Vapor, Boo Yaa

Back
Top Bottom