What's new

Shit shit shit, guys I need help!

Tromain

Learned Ape
Anyone down Penzance way have a 18650 mod I could borrow til the new year? Woke up this morning to be told my son had been kicking the computer chair, which knocked my lavatube off the computer desk. The top cap has snapped off, solder joints have snapped off wires. I don't have the tools or the skills to repair the damage.

Chucked my mini-DID clone on my backup devices(3 different egos) and none of them have the oomph to fire it up, chucked my YODA on the egos and much the same, get the tiniest puff of vape before it cuts out. both have 1.3 ohm coils(when I coiled them) so I can only assume my egos have just had at.

With Christmas so near I just can't afford to replace my mod until January, so if anyone has a mod I could borrow until then you will have my eternal gratitude, and could offer some of my juices up mixed to your requirements as a thank you too!

Try recoiling your atties to around 1.8 ohms and then try the egos again. Might just be a bit too hefty an amp draw at 1.3 for the egos?

Try recoiling your atties to around 1.8 ohms and then try the egos again. Might just be a bit too hefty an amp draw at 1.3 for the egos?

I used to use LR 306 attys on the egos that clocked in at 1.4, cant see .1 ohm making that huge a difference?

I used to use LR 306 attys on the egos that clocked in at 1.4, cant see .1 ohm making that huge a difference?

If the egos are your 'bog standard' pwm versions, they'll be putting out about 3.3v. The difference between 1.3 ohms and 1.4 is about 0.2 amps but the 1.3 just tips over 2.5 amp draw. Not sure if there's a limiter for amp draw on your egos but it sounds like they may be cutting out due to amp draw?

Just thought it might be worth a try and if it gets you up and vaping again, it can't be a bad thing.

Hope you get sorted.

If the egos are your 'bog standard' pwm versions, they'll be putting out about 3.3v. The difference between 1.3 ohms and 1.4 is about 0.2 amps but the 1.3 just tips over 2.5 amp draw. Not sure if there's a limiter for amp draw on your egos but it sounds like they may be cutting out due to amp draw?

Just thought it might be worth a try and if it gets you up and vaping again, it can't be a bad thing.

Hope you get sorted.

Thanks for the info, the whole ohm/amps thing goes over my head mostly, I know enough to stay above 1 ohm, ideal would be 1.3-1.6 for me, and that is about it haha.
VaperCaper has been awesome enough to loan me a zmax, which will be sent on Monday, so fingers crossed I can get an ego working to last me through til it arrives!

If no one comes through for you locally Tromain give me a PM and I'll pop one in the post for you :)

Mmm looks like the egos have definately had it, recoiled the YODA to 1.9 ohms and still only get a tiny puff before it cuts out.

If no one comes through for you locally Tromain give me a PM and I'll pop one in the post for you :)

Thanks for the offer Mawsley, but VaperCaper will be posting me a Zmax on Monday, not much point in getting 2 loaners mailed to me. :D

Just found an old cigalike I had forgotten all about(hank god I'm a hoarder.. it got chucked in a drawer and forgotten about haha) tastes foul, but at least I can get some nic in me!

Thanks for the offer Mawsley, but VaperCaper will be posting me a Zmax on Monday, not much point in getting 2 loaners mailed to me.

Pleasure, mate.

And I was thinking of sending you my Zmax down as well :D

Huge thanks to VaperCaper for loaning me this Z-max, arrived today and after a little noob panic thinking my batteries wouldn't fit(Dur.. welcome to telescope Tromain...) I've been happily vapeing away for the last few hours sat at 12w on a 1.5ohm coil in my mini-DID clone, can easily say this is one of the best vapes I've had so far!
VaperCaper is a true life saver and an amazing vendor for loaning me this mod for the Christmas period, had it not been for this amazing little planet of ours I would have had to go back to the coffin nails after something like 19-20 months off the bloody things! :) Long live POTV!

Back
Top Bottom