What's new

South Central Vape Meet

Which venue for a Surrey meet do you want?

• Guildford, Stoke pub

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mytchett, Community Centre (licensed)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Either

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

AnnaLaw

Postman
I started this thread on UKV but thought it a good idea to put it here as well, in part because we have 2 venues!
I posted to organise a vape meet fpr those of us who live somewhere between South London and Southampton, at Mytchett Community Centre which is vape-friendly and has cheap beer.
Then somebody else popped up and said the Guildford pub they lived in would be best, he'd only have to walk downstairs and although there's a difference of a pound a pint for beer, Guildford sells pizza.
So I started a poll on UKV and we have 4 votes, two for each venue. Others are interested but are waiting for the venue to be decided.
I was planning February/March, and a local bricks and mortar vape shop owner has offered to bring samples on a Sunday (when shop is closed). She does have some El Toro that should be very good by then.

So I'm copy/pasting the first post I made of a thread with a poll just for people who don't forum-hop and are interested.
At the rate this is going it would be a miracle to get a meet organised for the same time next year!

I started a thread on UKV, 'calling all South Central Vapers' for those of us who are on the edge of South East and South West, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, that sort of area.

I offered to organise a meet at the Mytchett Community Centre http://www.mytchettcentre.co.uk/ as it is fairly large, central to the area, and beer costs £2.50 a pint.
Then somebody suggested a pub in Guildford that they live in http://www.thestoke.co.uk/
So now we have two venues and most people say they don't mind which.
So that means we need to vote and the easiest way is using a poll.
I hope that everybody who is interested reads the 'Calling all South Central Vapers' thread. http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Calling-South-Central-Vapers and if you are a UKV member, there is a poll for venue. I can put a poll up here too, as this isn't a single forum thing. But please, no more venues unless they have a lot more to offer than either Guildford or Mytchett.
I started the thread thinking of a meet in February/March.
The Stoke pub sells pizza it seems. Mytchett Community Centre doesn't but there are a lot of restaurants and take-aways, plus hotels if anybody needs to stay overnight. The pub charges £3.50 for a pint of beer, Mytchett Community Centre £2.50 and if enough came we could probably lure a burger van. Both have real ale I think, know that Mytchett does.
A fellow vaper is on the committee at Mytchett and is ready to arrange more space if we need it.

It's still on, hoping to arrange for the end of the month, but will have to make sure it doesn't clash (unless we want to join a beer festival) and if our local vendor comes with samples it has to be on a Sunday.
I didn't realize how hard it would be to organise even a small meet!
As soon as I have a firm date I'll post it plus more details.

Back
Top Bottom