What's new

*Faulty* Desire Designs Cut 21700 squonker

stevoknevo

Achiever
I bought this from China and it doesn't work as it should - I done some more testing on it today and it seems that it will only fire at 3.3v regardless of what the wattage is set at? It's a strange one - tried it with two atties, one at 0.6 and the other at 1.0 ohm and you can set it at minimum or maximum wattage and still it fires at near as damn 3.3v for 5-6 seconds then will jump to 6 or 7v for the final 4-5 seconds, depending on what the wattage is set at, but there is no increase in vape output! I've attached a video below showing it.

It's essentially brand new except for the testing, never had any liquid through it - it takes 21700/20700 or 18650 with the supplied adapter and is supposed to be capable of 108w. It's a nice mod, the unusual shape makes it very ergonomic in the hand. I was going to say it's quite well made but it doesn't feckin work properly! I bought this purely for use with a GP dripper Pro and was looking forward to some fantastic battery life with some Samsung 40t's, really disappointed it's gubbed :( It's fully boxed with all the extra gubbins but you'll need your own batteries, I'm keeping those I'm afraid, and whoever wants it covers the postage of their choosing!

So if you vape at 3.3v, or fancy trying to repair it, then names on a list and I'll rando it Friday morning to post in the afternoon :)

IMG_20190219_173345712.jpeg
IMG_20190219_173357899.jpeg
IMG_20190219_173447066_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpeg

I've got one of these that does the same thing, fires at 7w no matter what i set it to, or what its trying to fire. It doesn't leapt up though, just stays at a constant low wattage. Guess there was a faulty batch.

Mine seems ok, but it hasn't been used much and i have only been using at at 50w and with an Elder dragon RDA. I will have to do some testing now. Thanks @stevoknevo for the info.

prob a ground wire or a bad solder some where ...just grab a multi meter and a solder iron go at it ..
if not
1. Chebik
2.flea

Back
Top Bottom