What's new

SMOK Mag v8 kit £16.99 delivered

David O'Riordan

Postman
Yes I know it's a SMOK mod but they seem to have gotten their act together more recently. Also appreciate it has reduced in price on other vendors too but this is the cheapest I've seen, and with no delivery charge if you choose the Royal Mail 2nd class option. The tank alone is probably worth this price.

Planetofthevapes themselves gave this a very positive review - https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/mods/smok-mag-m270-baby-v2-kit.html

They also seem to still have all the various colourways in stock unlike other vendors - https://ukvaporwaves.com/smok-mag-v8-kit-16-99.html

Please bear in mind many sites listed this incorrectly with the description for the Mag Grip. This is not a fully regulated device with a screen and wattage adjustment, it is a semi-mech mod.

I've taken a punt as I've always liked the ergonomic form factor of the Mag mods (Historical reliability issues aside) and at this price I think it's worth trying out.

Smok getting their act together?. not convinced. lol

Oh I'm not totally convinced myself but there certainly seem to be less recent reports of SMOK devices just spontaneously breaking as was the case in the past. At this price I think it's not too much of a risk to test that out.

I was the one that reviewed this superb kit.

Still using it, 21700 battery and hits a treat, its my goto semi-regulated mech style mod, I recently shoved the Geek Vape Zeus X Mesh on it and it's a great partnership.

It is still the most ergonomic mod I own, makes the original Mag's feel like a brick.

Mod aside It's a bargain for the Baby V2 tank with bubble glass, Smok's best atty I have tried and still up there with my favourite mesh tanks, in fact it is one of the few I still buy stock coils for.

The only downside is that only the Silver/Blue looks any good, I bought a Red one but the Orange accents are awful and it appears to be the same on the other colours, I managed to resell it and bought another Silver/Blue

Can you tell that I like it?

Geek_Vape_Zeus_X_Mesh_RTA-8.jpg

Smok_Mag_M270_Kit-1.jpg

Oh I'm not totally convinced myself but there certainly seem to be less recent reports of SMOK devices just spontaneously breaking as was the case in the past. At this price I think it's not too much of a risk to test that out.

Trust me it's a no brainer, well worth the money, if you like its looks and have a 21700 battery then I will be really shocked if you don't enjoy it.

18650 battery option, forget it as there's not enough power for the coils.

The S2 coils are my favourite and give a better flavour they also 'love you long time' at least 6 weeks.

Worth the punt just for tank these v2 coils are a lot better than previous

Trust me it's a no brainer, well worth the money, if you like its looks and have a 21700 battery then I will be really shocked if you don't enjoy it.

18650 battery option, forget it as there's not enough power for the coils.

The S2 coils are my favourite and give a better flavour they also 'love you long time' at least 6 weeks.

Excellent, well I have Molicell P42A 21700s ready to go in it and also have a Zeus X Mesh that should sit well on top so hopefully it turns out decent. I only use rebuildables myself so will likely see if I can ship the tank on to one of my buddies to get some more money back against the mod itself.

As I say it's more the ergonomics that appealed but always thought the Mag mods were a bit unwieldly for out and about use. A lot more time at home with lockdown has convinced me to take the plunge on one.

Excellent, well I have Molicell P42A 21700s ready to go in it and also have a Zeus X Mesh that should sit well on top so hopefully it turns out decent. I only use rebuildables myself so will likely see if I can ship the tank on to one of my buddies to get some more money back against the mod itself.

As I say it's more the ergonomics that appealed but always thought the Mag mods were a bit unwieldly for out and about use. A lot more time at home with lockdown has convinced me to take the plunge on one.
I use same battery, try the S2 coil before passing the tank on, I enjoy my rebuildables but the S2 is a treat.

Well pretty quick delivery, ordered Friday and arrived first thing this morning. The black and red colour looks quite nice I think and goes well with my Zeus X Mesh. Feels solid. The 'Mag' battery action feels decent as well. Happy with this for the price.

IMG_20200803_094427.jpg

Well pretty quick delivery, ordered Friday and arrived first thing this morning. The black and red colour looks quite nice I think and goes well with my Zeus X Mesh. Feels solid. The 'Mag' battery action feels decent as well. Happy with this for the price.

View attachment 225202

Did you have a notification that it had been sent? I bought one tuesday but had no notification it is on it's way yet. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom