What's new

COV Megavolt 80w Mini Mod for a tenner delivered

i picked one of these up as a replacement for one of my elfin mods, which has the 510 connector coming loose. it seems pretty solid and working okay. have switched of the auto switch off. let’s see how it holds up.

so it turned out this mod just switched itself off mid puff and never could turn back on. i emailed them and they sent me a new one and returned the dead one. so far so good after a week but i’m expecting it’s demise at any time.

so it turned out this mod just switched itself off mid puff and never could turn back on. i emailed them and they sent me a new one and returned the dead one. so far so good after a week but i’m expecting it’s demise at any time.

They did seem to have a few with problems shame because a nice little mod and I did have one that did that after playing up a bit first froze in menu etc , took it apart and unsoldered the battery lead reconnected it after a few minutes and its been ok since
Cant remember who told me to try that as it was a bit back but that ones old and battered now and strangely still working and not done it since before they updated the firmware to turn off the auto off it was a common fault though
If they sent you the dud one back too you could try the battery de solder trick but its a bit tricky to get back together properly
Ive got a pico 25 that freezes too and wont take a firmware update at least with that I just take the battery out and restart it

Last edited:
I bought two of these not long ago and they're great however.......
Used the first one for about a month then picked up another.
Set the second one in the back up box and after a few days the first one just wouldn't turn on.
I took it apart and as i was dismantling it the battery must uave disconnected for a split second as it brought it back to life so i put it back together and carried on.
A few days later it did it again so again i took it apart and got it going again but after the third time I'd had enough so into the crap tub it went and out with the new one.
Used the new one for around a week and it did the same so out the van window it went somewherein the depths of the Lincolnshire Wolds.
I feel bad @John R and @ninjazx6 as i should have posted but it just seemed like a moan so didn't.
I hope yours are fine as when they work they are fantastic with great battery life for such a small device.

aye reading through the thread it looked like this might be caused by the auto off thing. but it seems not. ah well, i shall see how this second one goes.

aye reading through the thread it looked like this might be caused by the auto off thing. but it seems not. ah well, i shall see how this second one goes.
Sadly happend on the pre firmware update model and the older minivolt as said usually solved by re-flowing a couple of solder joints shouldn't happen but the fix actually works
If it happens again and you like them they are quite an old mod now so unlikely to be manufactured again especially considering Council Of Vapour themselves are not trading
I just wish they wouldn't scratch so easy too but Im hoping COV return at some point and do an updated mini mod better case and reliability with same power

The megavolt auto off just seemed to add to the problem and guess its why they updated the firmware to turn it off

https://vapecov.com

Last edited:
Sadly happend on the pre firmware update model and the older minivolt as said usually solved by re-flowing a couple of solder joints shouldn't happen but the fix actually works
If it happens again and you like them they are quite an old mod now so unlikely to be manufactured again especially considering Council Of Vapour themselves are not trading
I just wish they wouldn't scratch so easy too but Im hoping COV return at some point and do an updated mini mod better case and reliability with same power

The megavolt auto off just seemed to add to the problem and guess its why they updated the firmware to turn it off

https://vapecov.com

i only picked it up because it was selling for a tenner and one of my elfins broke. it’s a shame, it’s a decent wee mod when it works. shoddy quality control, releasing a mod that just dies for no reason. this one has been okay so far, i’ll see how it goes.

i only picked it up because it was selling for a tenner and one of my elfins broke. it’s a shame, it’s a decent wee mod when it works. shoddy quality control, releasing a mod that just dies for no reason. this one has been okay so far, i’ll see how it goes.

Zou, I got one of these also at the time, but true to form have yet to plug it in.....how do i turn off this auto thingy yous speak of

Zou, I got one of these also at the time, but true to form have yet to plug it in.....how do i turn off this auto thingy yous speak of

three clicks to get into the menu then page through and you’ll see “auto power off”. set that to off and you are sorted. :)

Back
Top Bottom