What's new

Which wire ?

Leeren666

Achiever
what is the best wire to use in my single 18650 mechs ? Looking at dual coils, need to keep resistance around the 0.25 - 0.3 ohm minimum, looking for decent ramp up times too ? Always used to use kanthal but seems things have moved on, is ss316 or ni80 really much better ? What do you use and why ?

Personally not a fan of SS. It just doesn't agree with me.
Ni80 is my preferred choice. As it is for many others on here.
Fast ramp up, and importantly, cool down. Clean flavour. Generally use flaptons, 22/40awg or 20-22awg gauge round wire

Ni80 has lower resistance than kanthal though doesn't it ? Think I'll have to go down a couple of gauges to get my resistanc right

Ni80 has lower resistance than kanthal though doesn't it ? Think I'll have to go down a couple of gauges to get my resistanc right
It does but not by a huge amount and the lower res is why it works so well on a mech just use an extra wrap instead of changing guage .

Naw, build the same resistance and gauge.
Just enjoy the greater surface area of the coils.
More flavour, bigger clouds same power demands!

what is the best wire to use in my single 18650 mechs ? Looking at dual coils, need to keep resistance around the 0.25 - 0.3 ohm minimum, looking for decent ramp up times too ? Always used to use kanthal but seems things have moved on, is ss316 or ni80 really much better ? What do you use and why ?
Get some 24g brochrome from @stealthvape it don't get much better than that for a tube mech [emoji5]

Back
Top Bottom