What's new

Very close to pulling the trigger but I have some questions...

St00ble

Postman
First thing is first, apologies if this should be posted in the MTL section rather than here. Also, I suspect my questions have already been answered but I've searched and searched and I can't find the answers, hence the thread, so once again, apologies

Secondly, here's the long story short: my vaping "career" has come full circle. I've gone from starter kits to MTL RTAs, to Sub ohm tanks to DTL RTAs and drippers and squonkers. After 4 years of vaping I'm now back to MTL vaping with tanks that take nautilus 1.8 BVC coils and this is what I love. Frankly, I'm not interested in anything else, because I've pretty much tried it all!

So I'm looking at purchasing a BB. I've always loved the form factor and admired the build quality and I'm about to take the plunge, but I have some queries that need resolved first, so here goes:

1. I vape almost exclusively on a kabuki (clone) with 1.8 BVC coils at 11.5W. I want to replicate this experience with a BB. Is this possible? I mean both flavour and the tightness of the draw (i.e. is it possible to really tighten down the BB's airflow with this coil?)

2. I'll either buy the SXK clone or an original BB. If I buy either, do I need to buy an adaptor to fit the 1.8 coils or will they fit in the BB 'right out of the box' so to speak?

TIA!

If you get the SXK clone you get a few adapters, known as Bridges. Included is one that does take Nautilus coils, so you would be up and running straight away. Don't know about the original BB, but I suspect none are included.

1.) You'll replicate it near perfectly with the nautilus bridge. The billet box is set up for MTL to restricted lung hits, there's also rebuildable atties such as the VapeShell and Insider that offer excellent MTL vaping experiences

2.) An adaptor (bridge) is required for everything with the billet box- unless you want to use cartomisers, which you really don't :D

I've been using original billet boxes daily for the best part of two years now, and they are bomb proof, worth every penny of the investment. Mine have been absolutely battered and they still work perfectly! For a convenience vape, nothing tops it IMO

1.) You'll replicate it near perfectly with the nautilus bridge. The billet box is set up for MTL to restricted lung hits, there's also rebuildable atties such as the VapeShell and Insider that offer excellent MTL vaping experiences

2.) An adaptor (bridge) is required for everything with the billet box- unless you want to use cartomisers, which you really don't :D

I've been using original billet boxes daily for the best part of two years now, and they are bomb proof, worth every penny of the investment. Mine have been absolutely battered and they still work perfectly! For a convenience vape, nothing tops it IMO

The plan would be to have the BB as my all day vape. I also want it to mark the end point of my adventuring through the vaping world. With my current set up I feel like I've finally found my perfect vape. The only problem being I'm still buying mods due to them breaking all the time. So it's good to hear your BBs have stood the test of time. Do you know how the SXK stands regards build quality?

The plan would be to have the BB as my all day vape. I also want it to mark the end point of my adventuring through the vaping world. With my current set up I feel like I've finally found my perfect vape. The only problem being I'm still buying mods due to them breaking all the time. So it's good to hear your BBs have stood the test of time. Do you know how the SXK stands regards build quality?

I wouldn't know I'm afraid, each to their own and all that but I don't buy or support clones.

If you can afford it- shell out for the original. It's well worth the money (they can even be picked up for a steal second hand these days), mine have outlasted anything else that I have purchased (and I've really battered them, my wife has battered hers too!), plus Billet Box Vapor are more than happy to repair your Billet Box should anything go wrong.

I wouldn't know I'm afraid, each to their own and all that but I don't buy or support clones.

If you can afford it- shell out for the original. It's well worth the money (they can even be picked up for a steal second hand these days), mine have outlasted anything else that I have purchased (and I've really battered them, my wife has battered hers too!), plus Billet Box Vapor are more than happy to repair your Billet Box should anything go wrong.

I am keen on an original because this should be my final mod/tank purchase, but they're all sold out on their site so I'll just have to be patient and keep checking regularly. I've heard about BB's after sales support and it sounds tremendous so maybe worth shelling out for an authentic just on that basis

Final question. Airflow. Am I right in thinking that it isn't adjustable and that the airflow is through the little holes in the side of the box? How do you find the draw? Tight, airy, somewhere in the middle? I appreciate that this is a subjective point but any description would be greatly appreciated

I am keen on an original because this should be my final mod/tank purchase, but they're all sold out on their site so I'll just have to be patient and keep checking regularly. I've heard about BB's after sales support and it sounds tremendous so maybe worth shelling out for an authentic just on that basis

Final question. Airflow. Am I right in thinking that it isn't adjustable and that the airflow is through the little holes in the side of the box? How do you find the draw? Tight, airy, somewhere in the middle? I appreciate that this is a subjective point but any description would be greatly appreciated

They go up for sale every other Saturday around 3.30pm and they usually make enough stock so that they hang around all day. Best thing to do is if you are on Facebook like the Billet Box Vapor page (that's the official page and they give advance warning of sales), and join a few Billet Box groups like Billet Box Bay and Billet Box Club.

So with airflow, there are three slots on the side for air intake. However the draw will also be impacted by the type of bridge you are using and how the airflow is set up on that- many rebuildable bridges have adjustable airflow whereas stock coil bridges tend to determine the airflow by the type of stock coil used. It ranges from tight MTL all the way up to restricted lung hit depending on the bridge used

I use the Nautilus bridge(comfort) with triton mini 1.8 clapton coils at about 12.8 watts.
You can't adjust the airflow with this bridge, but you don't need to.
There is a bridge that takes bvc coils called (classic) not sure if they are still in production.
But honestly the comfort bridge with Nautilus coils is far better than the bvc coils.
https://www.atmistique.gr/en/product-category/atmistique-series/billet-box-add-ons/

UPDATE: I've only gone and bloody done it! Just bought myself an authentic BB, realising a several years-long vaping dream/ambition

Need some help though. I want to get me the right bridge for the aspire nautilus BVC 1.8 coils. Had a look at atmistique but there's a few 'aspire' bridges and I'm so confused! Which one do I need? Don't want to order the wrong thing!

Also, I'd appreciate some recommendations on drip tips. I have one for now but it's damn old. Nothing metal or flimsy plastic. Delrin or ultem would be great. Thanks for all the help so far apes!

UPDATE: I've only gone and bloody done it! Just bought myself an authentic BB, realising a several years-long vaping dream/ambition

Need some help though. I want to get me the right bridge for the aspire nautilus BVC 1.8 coils. Had a look at atmistique but there's a few 'aspire' bridges and I'm so confused! Which one do I need? Don't want to order the wrong thing!

Also, I'd appreciate some recommendations on drip tips. I have one for now but it's damn old. Nothing metal or flimsy plastic. Delrin or ultem would be great. Thanks for all the help so far apes!

Comfort or classic bridge mate

I use a Hellfire whistle tip on mine, I think whistle styled tips are the dogs proverbials. Many other manufacturers like Odis also produce whistle tips now, you could also hit up Bigs Tips and have a look at what they offer

Back
Top Bottom