What's new

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

It's probably the USB port, main thing to ensure is you are not trapping any wires as you screw it down, the USB port needs a little persuasion but all should pop back into place when the wires are clear.

The USB port is a bit awkward but a little wriggling gets that to sit in place, It is something at the switch end, But the wires should fit in the hollow beneath the board. The board seems to push down flat. I can even get the little screws in, but it just won't pop down and the millimetre it sits proud stops the back going back on or the button functioning properly. It was a pain to pull apart in the first place.

It was about £50 from China, so I will just count it down to experience. It was a leaky thing, but I got a lovely vape off the exocet bridge when it wasn't leaking all over the contents (before I took it apart the screen was lighting up but the buttons had stopped working). So even if I do get it back together the board may well be knackered anyway. I don't think I am going to spend another £50 on one for a couple of months usage before it breaks.

Just tested it with a battery and only the up button is working. So I think it can go away until I get a new one (if I do) and I can use it for spares.

Last edited:
I had either the up or down button not working after doing the sealing, on mine a wire had come off from the button to the top of the board, I managed to solder it back on by lifting the board as much as I could, the terminals are right at the top and you’ll probably see the loose wire drifting about inside somewhere.

The USB port is a bit awkward but a little wriggling gets that to sit in place, It is something at the switch end, But the wires should fit in the hollow beneath the board. The board seems to push down flat. I can even get the little screws in, but it just won't pop down and the millimetre it sits proud stops the back going back on or the button functioning properly. It was a pain to pull apart in the first place.

It was about £50 from China, so I will just count it down to experience. It was a leaky thing, but I got a lovely vape off the exocet bridge when it wasn't leaking all over the contents (before I took it apart the screen was lighting up but the buttons had stopped working). So even if I do get it back together the board may well be knackered anyway. I don't think I am going to spend another £50 on one for a couple of months usage before it breaks.

Just tested it with a battery and only the up button is working. So I think it can go away until I get a new one (if I do) and I can use it for spares.
Post it to me and I will repair it for you.

If anyone can fix it @Vapaneezer Scrooge can, if its fixable, as can a few others on here. We are very fortunate to have a few repair wizards on this forum and i can personally vouch for Vapaneezer Scrooge as he has fixed one of my mods.

Many thanks @Vapaneezer Scrooge, I’ve just completed the work on my first ever BB that I got today. Thanks to your excellent advice, all went well. I’ll be sure to buy you a beer if I ever meet you :)

well after getting my first BB i was nervous about attempting this, so far got the panels off & the pin exposed & even with my dodgey eye sight it was not to bad, tomorrow im picking up some Fernox LS-X from Screwfix & will then put it back together & fingers crossed it will be ok lol.

Back
Top Bottom