What's new

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

Awaiting the arrival of my BB should be today. Now for the question has anyone used hotglue to seal? I have silicone and hotglue both so I have options. Also I've read that the "newer" versions do not "need" to be sealed can anyone confirm this?????
New versions of the authentic BB are sealed I believe.

New versions of the authentic BB are sealed I believe.
Ok thanks and I confirmed that the SXK versions still need to be sealed, mine was not! IT IS NOW!!! @Vapaneezer Scrooge thank you for the tutorial it was super easy! Although I had to use food grade silicone in lieu of the stuff you guys have there in Great Britain! I will still be wiping the condensation away often, but the added piece of mind is great! Once again thank you for the tutorial!!

Ok thanks and I confirmed that the SXK versions still need to be sealed, mine was not! IT IS NOW!!! @Vapaneezer Scrooge thank you for the tutorial it was super easy! Although I had to use food grade silicone in lieu of the stuff you guys have there in Great Britain! I will still be wiping the condensation away often, but the added piece of mind is great! Once again thank you for the tutorial!!
Nice one @Sanch I hope you're enjoying the BB :)

Yeah it's still wise to clean it out frequently, I haven't sealed my screen area which would be the next prone area for damage should a major spill occur, the Bantam Box is a far better design as all the electronics are higher than the base of the Boro.

Hey, can anyone in the US recommend what product (sealant) to use, preferably that I can buy from Amazon? I saw loctite makes a clear silicone adhesive, but I was uncertain if it would be good for the purpose

Hey, can anyone in the US recommend what product (sealant) to use, preferably that I can buy from Amazon? I saw loctite makes a clear silicone adhesive, but I was uncertain if it would be good for the purpose
This question came up earlier, @domejunky replied with this if it helps:

I used contact adhesive on a few boxes - you know the stuff that dries quite rubbery. You're only trying to make a gasket, not glue the pin in - so something quite feeble

Back
Top Bottom