What's new

The Good the bad the ugly.

Sanch

Postman
I decided since I had leather and I do leatherwork that I would go ahead and wrap my Billet box after having sealed the pin etc etc... So here is.. the good, I like the color of the leather and thread combo. The sleeve fits fine and is removable without a pry bar. The bad... The leather is oil tanned so it's a little stretchy. I'm hard headed so I didn't make a pattern. (Really bad I know better). My bottom stitch line looks like garbage, I need to use my stitching awl more often. I have been spoiled to my stitching irons.... The ugly.. the holes look like a 5 year old made them cause the stretch and lack of a pattern.. Anyway it's mine, I like it, and it'll keep my Billet box from getting scratched if I drop it or I should say when I drop it!
15878718290262236900271063559699.jpg
15878725138546103765515789663674.jpg
15878725351293068110086913835354.jpg

I decided since I had leather and I do leatherwork that I would go ahead and wrap my Billet box after having sealed the pin etc etc... So here is.. the good, I like the color of the leather and thread combo. The sleeve fits fine and is removable without a pry bar. The bad... The leather is oil tanned so it's a little stretchy. I'm hard headed so I didn't make a pattern. (Really bad I know better). My bottom stitch line looks like garbage, I need to use my stitching awl more often. I have been spoiled to my stitching irons.... The ugly.. the holes look like a 5 year old made them cause the stretch and lack of a pattern.. Anyway it's mine, I like it, and it'll keep my Billet box from getting scratched if I drop it or I should say when I drop it!View attachment 216514 View attachment 216515 View attachment 216516

That doesn't look too bad. Anyway, if it's functional and gives you peace of mind then it's all good.

I decided since I had leather and I do leatherwork that I would go ahead and wrap my Billet box after having sealed the pin etc etc... So here is.. the good, I like the color of the leather and thread combo. The sleeve fits fine and is removable without a pry bar. The bad... The leather is oil tanned so it's a little stretchy. I'm hard headed so I didn't make a pattern. (Really bad I know better). My bottom stitch line looks like garbage, I need to use my stitching awl more often. I have been spoiled to my stitching irons.... The ugly.. the holes look like a 5 year old made them cause the stretch and lack of a pattern.. Anyway it's mine, I like it, and it'll keep my Billet box from getting scratched if I drop it or I should say when I drop it!View attachment 216514 View attachment 216515 View attachment 216516
Nice one, like the stitch work, very good.

You made it yourself, it’s a good feeling to be using something you made, it does what it’s intended to do, i think you did well and it’s looks good...

Fuck all wrong with that mate. I like that the stitching isn't militarily perfect, shows that it's handmade. Nice fine supple leather too instead of those thick, stiff efforts that some people try to punt out that make your BB twice the size in the hand.
I like it that much that if you were selling them, I'd buy one. Great job mate [emoji1303]

Fuck all wrong with that mate. I like that the stitching isn't militarily perfect, shows that it's handmade. Nice fine supple leather too instead of those thick, stiff efforts that some people try to punt out that make your BB twice the size in the hand.
I like it that much that if you were selling them, I'd buy one. Great job mate [emoji1303]
Ryan at Rockmodz has a few left if op isn't selling any [emoji106]

I've seen his, a bit too thick for my liking, takes away from the small form factor of the BB for me. OP has made a nice, thin leather, snug fitting one that suits me much better.

Back
Top Bottom