What's new

Tank storage

Simmo961

Postman
Hello all,

So it looks like I have jumped down the rabbit hole and have an SXK BB arriving this week along with a Snail clone as well. When I mentioned this before xmas I didn't know that the missus picked up on it and ordered me an original snail as well. So I am in the enviable position of have one device and three tanks (1 boro and 2 snails). So now I envisage one snail for MTL and one snail for DTL (the boro is for emergencies). This would not be a problem with normal tanks but I have a question about BB tanks.

I did a search but could find an answer to the question. When you store a tank/boro/snail with juice in it outside of a BB is it prone to leaking? To my mind it would be without the pressure of the 510 drip tip screw forcing the parts together. I imagine this would be more of an issue with a boro tank looking at its design but it could also be a snail issue too. Do I have anything to worry about or is it a cunning plan to have to buy a second SXK to have the other snail in? Many thanks for your help.

I’d be inclined to say yes but only because most of my tanks (even one with stock coils) start leaking a bit if they’ve not been used for a few days.

I don’t think the absence of the screw will change much as the fit in my snail is pretty tight once pressed together but that might also be a factor.

sounds like you should get another bb to avoid the issue :D

we’re just a great big bunch of enablers

Looks like the piggy bank is going to get broken this afternoon. I suppose I could ask on the classifieds but obviously I don't want to wait.

Hi @Simmo961 that is a great bit of advice from Rob I have a @Vapaneezer Scrooge BB stand and it is great.

20210105_121807.jpg

If a standing boro leaks at all it is usually down to it being unused for a period of time and leaks through the coil/wick down the airflow, the tank itself shouldn't leak at all as the seals do a great job without needing to be clamped down.

I have gotten into the habit of storing my Boro's upside down in my stands when I am not using them for a while.

There's a few stands I make, here's some that hold boro's, I have a few BB's and mostly use single stations.

BB-Chamfer-Stand-V2-2.jpg
BB-SINGLE-Stand-V2a.jpg
Boro Stand-Mirrored v2.png

If a standing boro leaks at all it is usually down to it being unused for a period of time and leaks through the coil/wick down the airflow, the tank itself shouldn't leak at all as the seals do a great job without needing to be clamped down.

I have gotten into the habit of storing my Boro's upside down in my stands when I am not using them for a while.

There's a few stands I make, here's some that hold boro's, I have a few BB's and mostly use single stations.

View attachment 236090 View attachment 236091 View attachment 236092
Methinks I will need the stand in picture one.

Back
Top Bottom