What's new

SXK BB DNA60 inaccurate Ohm reading

bl4dy

Postman
Hey guys

Got my 2021 SXK BB , with vapesnail , it's pissing me off because the ohms are always incorrect and jumping , for example checking on my Rebel 75c it's showing 1.4 , on my BB it's showing 1.48 jumping up to 1.55 .

Has anyone experience the same ?

when you say jumping, do you mean when you fire it? if so, that’s normal.

I men before I fire it has one value , after I stop firing is a difference one , every time I fire

that’s normal. what kind of wire are you using? heat changes the resistance of wire, the chip is reading it in real time, so to speak.

With the Snail you need to make sure that the Positive Pin is screwed in tight. If it’s not as tight as you can get it then you’ll have ohms jumping

With the Snail you need to make sure that the Positive Pin is screwed in tight. If it’s not as tight as you can get it then you’ll have ohms jumping
Though that might be the issue, but even doing that still jumps not as much now

Resistance changes on mine too but as mentioned above it relates to the changing resistance as it heats up. If I leave it for a while it returns to the original reading.

Resistance changes on mine too but as mentioned above it relates to the changing resistance as it heats up. If I leave it for a while it returns to the original reading.
Thanks for your feedback ,

However on my DNA 75C it doesn't every time I fire .
Which should be the case here .

I should mention that my Rebel has regulated internal resistance so it pretty accurate when compared to Ohm reader .

My BB on the other hand is a nightmare , I tried to short the 510 to measure the internal resistance and this was off by 0.062 ( average from a few attempts btw )

Now it's pretty close to my 75c but it jumps between 0.000 to 0.007 which is a bit annoying .

When researching I did come across a post about another SXK DNA device which had 0.000 as internal resistance which makes me believe that SXK does nothing to regulate devices and most probably half the people that own one have wrong measure .

It's a bit annoying but I suppose you can't expect a lot from a clone company .

Also in regards to snail , the positive post wasn't very tight so that helped a bit in conjunction with tightening of the positive pin .

I think all mods will have some sort of internal resistance but I’ve also read that sxk don’t configure this but I can be entered in escribe.

re the resistance readings, mine matches what is shown on my ohm reader closely enough so I’ve never really questioned it. However, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a problem with yours.

there’s plenty of happy sxk bb owners so I don’t think there’s inherently an issue with them.

re the dna 75 and how that behaves, the only thing I can offer is that my dna250c doesn’t update in real-time but I’ve seen a thread on here and elsewhere about the 60 giving live readings. There’s an option to lock the resistance, I think you lock the device and then it’s plus and fire or just hold the plus button (from memory).

it’s a shitter but if it’s new you could return for a replacement to see if that’s any better.

Back
Top Bottom