What's new

Sticky Tutorial on BB settings needed?

It's not so much knowing the settings, it's the chore of writing them down that takes the time, I started the SXK one but went back to writing the other parts.
Just link to these, folk can then download & peruse at their leisure. You're putting together a guide not holding peoples hands for them. Stuff like the pin sealing tutorial again are something you can link to. Personnaly I'd create a one stop sticky post with required links.
Great job you're doing but it's the old adage KISS

Could someone that owns an original explain any difference to the clone and a paragraph on the satisfaction of using an original please?
I only have clones so I can't share my experience :(

Also for the introduction a small paragraph of the origins of the genuine BB (first release, revisions etc.)

The document is getting quite large so I am skinning it down some, When I'm done I could do with a BB expert to check I'm not talking utter shite - proof read :12:

Could someone that owns an original explain any difference to the clone and a paragraph on the satisfaction of using an original please?
I only have clones so I can't share my experience :(

Also for the introduction a small paragraph of the origins of the genuine BB (first release, revisions etc.)

The document is getting quite large so I am skinning it down some, When I'm done I could do with a BB expert to check I'm not talking utter shite - proof read :12:

I can’t do your paragraph but here’s some pointers:
Clone vs original
Original - body work is sandblasted and gives a slightly textured, grippier feel. Colours are more matte due to the sandblasting. Paintwork is more true and feels more substantial.
Original - g10 doors fit perfectly with zero rattle. They are also more rounded at the edges to give it a more tactile feel that compliments the body. The g10 grain also differs from the clone.
Original - button plate is more matte. The button surround is flatter and sits more flush with the panels. There is zero button rattle.
Original - button has a more positive click
Original - 510 nut has different threading to the clone
Original - Rev4 lettering is butted right up to the elongated oval left edge
Original - internal adjustment plate more matte
Original - slight difference in airflow holes

the two are very very similar. The weight is almost exactly the same as are the dimensions. Unless you know what you’re looking for it’s quite hard to differentiate for the uninitiated. I’ve said this many times but the clone is like a lambs wool jumper and the OG is like a cashmere one. They look and fit pretty much exactly the same and both are lovely, but the OG just feels nicer and is 3 times the price ;) (but worth it IMO)

Back
Top Bottom