What's new

So... Tube Mods - Battery positive end up or down?

For a little bit of help - the cloud x1 does have top venting, it's just badly though out as ( with the hybrid cap anyway)the rda actually blocks it off entirely when fitted

For a little bit of help - the cloud x1 does have top venting, it's just badly though out as ( with the hybrid cap anyway)the rda actually blocks it off entirely when fitted

Yes, I thought that too. 4 holes in slots that are sealed off once the RDA+hybrid cap is fitted to the tube. But after watching Mooch's comments in the video above, I'm not so worried about battery venting holes.

What does concern me with the X1 is the arcing at the switch, which seems impossible to eradicate. I got my X1 off a fellow ape and the silver coated contact was covered in arc marks. The only way I could find to get rid of them also got rid of the silver plating, so now I have a copper-beryllium contact, but I still get a little arcing and am often polishing out pit marks. I have toyed with buying the solid silver contact for it, but I'm not sure that will stop the arcing either, it seems to be a feature of the mod.

It was the arcing that really prompted me to ask the question, as it seemed more dangerous to have arcing at the positive end of the battery, so close to the negative rim, rather than at the negative end.

IMG_20180124_191436.jpg

Yes, I thought that too. 4 holes in slots that are sealed off once the RDA+hybrid cap is fitted to the tube. But after watching Mooch's comments in the video above, I'm not so worried about battery venting holes.

What does concern me with the X1 is the arcing at the switch, which seems impossible to eradicate. I got my X1 off a fellow ape and the silver coated contact was covered in arc marks. The only way I could find to get rid of them also got rid of the silver plating, so now I have a copper-beryllium contact, but I still get a little arcing and am often polishing out pit marks. I have toyed with buying the solid silver contact for it, but I'm not sure that will stop the arcing either, it seems to be a feature of the mod.

It was the arcing that really prompted me to ask the question, as it seemed more dangerous to have arcing at the positive end of the battery, so close to the negative rim, rather than at the negative end.
It's funny you say that about the x1, I got mine second hand aswell and the arcing eventually caused me to file the silver away

It's strange to see it so bad in an authentic while my clones (the decent ones anyway) rarely arc

Vapor cloud did do a silver pin at one point for it but I think they stopped them

You can get the silver pin from evolution, but I don't wanna bother spending £30 on it if it's still gonna arc... :)

Back
Top Bottom