What's new

SMPL clones back on FT

Loved my good SMPL clones, hated the bad ones. Great with a Derringer on top.

Hybrid mod, though, with no inner insulation and minimal venting so not for the ignorant or faint-hearted. Switches need to be kept spotless as well so not for the lazy either.

Top tip.. if carrying them find a ferrule for the same diameter chair leg (the wee plastic cups that cover the bottom of metal tube chair legs to protect the floor) and slip it over the switch end; no chance of a misfire.

Definitely a styled upon than a straight SMPL clone - switch contact is completely different from the original/old old clones that had a springclip holding it together.

The photo of the switch looking to me just like the smpl v1 clones I was buying from ft when they first became popular.
You can see what I call a circlip holding the switch together.

It looks just like the good v1 clones looked 5 years ago. Looks can be deceptive so it is a gamble on whether they are as good as the good ones back a few years.

I have never stopped using my smpl clones.

The photo of the switch looking to me just like the smpl v1 clones I was buying from ft when they first became popular.
You can see what I call a circlip holding the switch together.

It looks just like the good v1 clones looked 5 years ago. Looks can be deceptive so it is a gamble on whether they are as good as the good ones back a few years.

I have never stopped using my smpl clones.
My bad OHD, I was looking at this whilst eating my dinner and the switch looked different to my shitty eyes, had a proper zoomed in look and you are indeed correct, it's the circlip style (not whatever the feck I called it above whilst filling my face!)

I'd give that a bash for the money TBH, be good with a decent hybrid safe, higher resistance tank (the K5 mini clones my Mrs uses springs to mind and would look great, but theyre borderline hybrid safe IMO! They'd work, just, but I wouldn't recommend it - should be a simple mod to make safe though with a wee thin insulator under the 510 pin)
I only sold mine when I moved away from clones, still worked perfectly and it had some serious use/abuse!
IMG_20191202_205943.jpeg

Loved my good SMPL clones, hated the bad ones. Great with a Derringer on top.

Hybrid mod, though, with no inner insulation and minimal venting so not for the ignorant or faint-hearted. Switches need to be kept spotless as well so not for the lazy either.

Top tip.. if carrying them find a ferrule for the same diameter chair leg (the wee plastic cups that cover the bottom of metal tube chair legs to protect the floor) and slip it over the switch end; no chance of a misfire.
I bought four ferrules years ago, gave one to my mate, and did use one on mine for a good while - only threw the other two away not that long ago when having a clear out!

Back
Top Bottom