What's new

Pods - trying to replicate a similar draw with Exocet

It's been my nemesis since I started on pods, they work a charm with nic salts (Aspire Cobble & Breeze 2).

I have a few MTL tanks I've tried 1.5 to 1.8 ohm 2.5 dia Kanthal, stainless & Ni80 builds on, closed airflow down but never got close to a pod draw and flavour.

So now I'm trying the billet box with exocet, using the tight MTL plug, I get a tight draw but still not on par with the pods.

Anyone tried and had any success? the main difference I am seeing is the mouthpiece, that ducks bill expansion, do you think that makes a difference? if so I might try and design a mouthpiece for the Billet Box, might look a bit daft though.

So any ideas how to get a good flavour from my nic salts?

It's been my nemesis since I started on pods, they work a charm with nic salts (Aspire Cobble & Breeze 2).

I have a few MTL tanks I've tried 1.5 to 1.8 ohm 2.5 dia Kanthal, stainless & Ni80 builds on, closed airflow down but never got close to a pod draw and flavour.

So now I'm trying the billet box with exocet, using the tight MTL plug, I get a tight draw but still not on par with the pods.

Anyone tried and had any success? the main difference I am seeing is the mouthpiece, that ducks bill expansion, do you think that makes a difference? if so I might try and design a mouthpiece for the Billet Box, might look a bit daft though.

So any ideas how to get a good flavour from my nic salts?
I think your restricting the airflow in the wrong place. You end with slow, low pressure airflow hitting the coil. If you restrict the airflow right next to the coil - using Kayfun reducers, or the reducers that come with the VapeShell, the you end up with higher pressure, higher velocity air hitting the coil - thus, for me, is the secret to good MTL

I had wondered about airflow, the 2 pods I have draw the air differently, the Cobble is from below where as the Breeze is at the mouthpiece end

Looks like more purchasing, I actually removed a VapeShell from my last Fast Tech shopping frenzy dagnammit.

In the meantime I tried the hybrid 510 to 810 drip tip off the Falcon and the draw was closer but a bit too much.

Off topic but have you ever built a DNA75c with a Boro box? I'm toying with designs, got internals to make a squonker but the end result will just be a poor mans Therion.

I had wondered about airflow, the 2 pods I have draw the air differently, the Cobble is from below where as the Breeze is at the mouthpiece end

Looks like more purchasing, I actually removed a VapeShell from my last Fast Tech shopping frenzy dagnammit.

In the meantime I tried the hybrid 510 to 810 drip tip off the Falcon and the draw was closer but a bit too much.

Off topic but have you ever built a DNA75c with a Boro box? I'm toying with designs, got internals to make a squonker but the end result will just be a poor mans Therion.
I haven't, but toy with it weekly - using a Hammond 1550p

Have a look on allaboutecigs forum - search for a user called 'phtumsk' he built one - not DNA75c - but found parts to fit the 510 etc..

Back
Top Bottom