What's new

Parallel true mech mod VS mech with mosfet or clickfet vape experience

Dozwold

Postman
Hi all,

No other mod I have tried over the years gives me the perfect vape apart from true mechs. I still use a defiant design triple for my best vape with a 0.08 n90 dual build. Ohms wise, please don’t tell me off for such a low build as it’s not a problem in parallel with plenty of amps from a triple setup. This thread is about true mech vs mosfet or parallel vape experience.

I want to order a large bespoke mod, which triple batteries, but I’m worried about safety of such a high amp in a man made device (currently I use the perfect mech mod for me the defiant designs). Does anyone have experience in vaping on true mech dual parallel mods and also tried or mosfet/clickfet parallel mods but with such a low build? Was your vape experience exactly same as mech or does it change or time it down if you add one of those 2 safety chips? So far, no regulated, or no PWM or anything with a chip has come close for me.

Anyway, It’s a lot of money to order bespoke made, and I don’t want to pay all that money (he will only build a parallel with mosfet or clickfet) only to find the mosfet or clickfet will tone down the type of parallel power and vape type I love and get from a mech vape. thanks.

@vapesmarter can probably speak more accurately about mosfet/cickfets tbh. I'd imagine you'd see at least a little voltage drop.

You've already said the answer "so far no regulated or no PWM or anything with a chip has come close". I doubt this will either. Bespoke mods are all about workmanship, materials and exclusivity but if your preferences are pure mechanical then any interference will change/tone down the vape slightly.

I hate to be a killjoy, but personally I'd advise you to pass on it - if you're going to drop a lot of cash on something then you should go for 100%, not 99. The way I see it is bespoke mods are made to individual preference, if you don't get on with it and have to resell you'll take a big loss. I wouldn't risk it.

I've built and used both a mosfet and clickfet mod with a 0.4ish ohm build and its completely different to a pure mech mod as the board or mosfet will and won't give you the same sort of power you get straight from a mech as they will modulate the power especially the clickfet. the mosfet is realy to handle the power to the button if I remember rightly could be wrong been awhile since iread up on them lol and as for using a realy low ohm build like you are you doing you cant really do that with a clickfet they are made to handle down to 0.3ohms safely any lower and you risk damaging the board

@vapesmarter can probably speak more accurately about mosfet/cickfets tbh. I'd imagine you'd see at least a little voltage drop.
Thank you, yes, I also I thought hence posted. I would g want a noticeable voltage drop on such an expensive bespoke parallel mod with my favourite low build of 0.08 as would probably be noticeable in vape experience and taste for me, as I can even notice the difference on the first 10 vapes vs the second 10 vapes on my current triple parallel mech of my build. Shame I wont use the safety features of a mosfet then in my bespoke mod, unless someone else here can confirm no noticeable voltage drop or the vape experience is exactly same mech vs mosfet? Someone else who has this exact experience who tried both same low build with same batteries on both a mech and a mosfet mod and can comment from experience?

I hate to be a killjoy, but personally I'd advise you to pass on it - if you're going to drop a lot of cash on something then you should go for 100%, not 99. The way I see it is bespoke mods are made to individual preference, if you don't get on with it and have to resell you'll take a big loss. I wouldn't risk it.

you know what, you are right, I just love my current setup for which I will base my next bespoke mod on but try to even better it for my preferences, so as long as a bespoke triple parallel made can be build to work just as safely and build quality of button springs and contacts are of similar levels as the machine made one by defiant designs (obviously much of the safety is if user error happens on my end such as batteries put wrong way round or coils touching or batterie Wraps and ohm calculations within range of batteriesr), then that’s what I will do.. order what I really want and forget the mosfet if I can know that. Bespoke can be built to similar ‘safety’ quality in such an intricate 3 battery parallel mod.

You'd be cheaper with a RuleBreaker or a Hammer of God tbh.

Back
Top Bottom