What's new

Mech squonk low resistance build (0.08)

Use this calculator to tell you how many wraps. It looks like about 10 on a single coil, 20 on a dual.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?r=0.27&awg=20

But that 20 guage stuff will take alot of ramping up to get hot.
Thinner wire will give you better results.
Thanks again bellyman you have been a big help today. Think I might just ditch this comp wire seems to be more trouble than it's worth!

I currently use twisted klapton which I think is 26 gauge on my reg mod, any alternatives that you use? I'm no cloud chaser just like good flavour!

24 gauge flat Nichrome Ni80, like the flatwire company NI-FLAT wire or stealthvape "brochrome" is great for a mech.

Dual coil, 6 or 7 wraps, 3mm inner diameter, comes out around 0.2 - 0.25 ohms or so.

Super fast ramp up time and good surface area touching the cotton because it's flattened wire.

Don't take it to heart, along with some very very good advice (and some genuine kindness, help and generosity) you'll always get some sarcasm and silliness. ... you rarely get one without the other around here. ;)

... it's just how we roll. :D
Thanks Simon, I am sorry to you and the others I was rude at, I'm not normally snappy just saw a few posts and I was already panicking for my life since I have been using the squonk for the past day and seeing some of the posts was just making me worse and worse!

I have taken on board everything everyone has told me and I can assure you that 0.08 build has been swiftly removed! Thanks so much for all the advise think I will stick with my normal wire!

Not pissed off more worried for the person's saftey and the image it sends about vaping when you see them in the news claiming it's the battery's fault and not there's [emoji5] and if it was me I'd drop that wire in the bin and get over to stealthvape for some brochrome 24g for that mech it's the best wire for it and will be a great vape [emoji6]
Very true, gives the whole vaping community a bad image. Thank you very much! I will be having a look on there this evening after work!

24 gauge flat Nichrome Ni80, like the flatwire company NI-FLAT wire or stealthvape "brochrome" is great for a mech.

Dual coil, 6 or 7 wraps, 3mm inner diameter, comes out around 0.2 - 0.25 ohms or so.

Super fast ramp up time and good surface area touching the cotton because it's flattened wire.
Thanks buddy really appreciate the help, a couple of you have mentioned that brochrome now, I will have be having a look tonight!

Thanks Simon, I am sorry to you and the others I was rude at, I'm not normally snappy just saw a few posts and I was already panicking for my life since I have been using the squonk for the past day and seeing some of the posts was just making me worse and worse!

I have taken on board everything everyone has told me and I can assure you that 0.08 build has been swiftly removed! Thanks so much for all the advise think I will stick with my normal wire!

no worries mate ..... that comp wire is way over-priced too for the amount you get. :)

no worries mate ..... that comp wire is way over-priced too for the amount you get. :)
6quid for 15ft I think it was! Gunna have a look on this stealthvape you have all suggested tonight. Hopefully be up there building with the best of you soon!

Getting a bit concerned with the number of posts lately with people getting into mechs, unfamiliar with the do's and don'ts first.

Getting a bit concerned with the number of posts lately with people getting into mechs, unfamiliar with the do's and don'ts first.
Sorry John bit of a schoolboy error on my part had been really looking forward to trying a squonk but now a little bit scared off it until I've got a few more safer coil builds under my belt!
There's so much contradictory info on the internet between different sites regarding batteries, I have been very confused that's why I came to POTV!

I must admit, I've grown quite fond of my fingers being attached since the axe incident ;)

Back
Top Bottom