What's new

How to achieve a 15w vape

Use a regulated mod.

Edit: and never calculate for a mech using nominal voltage.

Yes, I have some regulated, but couldn't resist to the beauty of a tube.
What do you mean nominal voltage? My molicell p26a states 3.7v on it, hence I was calculating for that and not 4.2?

When you put the battery on a charger, what does it charge up to?

Lithium cells:

4.2v full charge
3.7v nominal voltage
3.0v low voltage (below this can be harmful to the cell)

For proper safety you should always calculate ohms law for 4.2v, it may be slightly excessive when you factor in battery sag, but better safe than sorry as lithium cells can and will cause injury and fires if mistreated.

Low power vaping on mechs doe not seem to be very popular these days.
I still do it and when I started there were lots of people doing it. 28awg kanthal was by far the most popular wire for low power mech users then and that is still what I use.

I vape coils about 1ohm and would be surprised if a 1ohm 28awg kanthal coil would make any atty too hot. I like a long slow draw and even chain vaping does not get too hot.

You may not be looking for a 15w vape. 15 watts can be very different vapes with different coils. I stick to kanthal but did try a 1 ohm ss coil and it ramped up too fast and got too hot for my liking. Keep experimenting till you get a vape you like which may or may not be 15w in your calculations, and in any case will only actually be 15w for a brief moment as the voltage in the cell drops.

Back
Top Bottom