What's new

Grizzly & BB Gen are here :-)

Chuck Norris

Achiever
457590B6-FE06-4554-BBA9-0E5E36923311.jpeg
Turned up yesterday :)

The Gen’s pretty big, 510/drip tip built into the bridge. Looks pretty straight forward to build luckily I’ve still got some vandy vape ss/ni80/kanthal Mesh here from last year so I’ll have a crack at em this weekend :)

Share some pics of your builds buddy, keen to see how these are and how you find them

Will do, need to pop out and get a gas lighter. Haven’t used a genesis style since my old Kraken :)

The BBGen is straight forward enough to build :) Personally I preferred the Mystery as I found the flavours popped more? That said... Coff Coff..... Ever tried a Mesh Build in a VapeShell? WOW!!! I was mad enough to do it and actually had great success with it..... UNTIL...... I was stupid enough to decide that after a year I needed to start from scratch all over again. I never could replicate my first build and eventually stopped trying. :(

The BBGen is straight forward enough to build :) Personally I preferred the Mystery as I found the flavours popped more? That said... Coff Coff..... Ever tried a Mesh Build in a VapeShell? WOW!!! I was mad enough to do it and actually had great success with it..... UNTIL...... I was stupid enough to decide that after a year I needed to start from scratch all over again. I never could replicate my first build and eventually stopped trying. :(

Just saw the Mistery on YT, is that still a FB only thing?

Stuck a quick SS build in the Grizzly, came in a bit lower than I wanted at 0.6ish, I’ll try again later but with my Kanthal mesh/wire and see if I can get it around 1.5 :)

Pretty easy to build just a little fiddly

The BB Gen has stumped me, I’ll try again tomorrow but is this for the new style tanks?

Also top threading seems different to my BB, closer to the Bantam threads?

Properly struggling with these pair!!

First thing the BB Gen, couldn’t get it to screw onto a mod, quick google and the bottom 510 cap was welded on but managed to get it off...

Problem I’ve got now is hot spots & burning up wire, I think when you insert the mesh it has to read 0 ohms/no connection, so can’t touch the bottom or sides, I think my mesh might be too thick I’ve cut them to the right length but after wrapping it doesn’t fit through the hole so I’ve trimmed it down to get around 2 wraps on there = no atty connection = so far so good!

But when I coil it I’m getting nasty hot spots from the bottom screw to first coil turn and sometimes at the top and none of the middle of the coil is heating up. Tried 6 different kanthal & SS wire but no joy. Been at it hours now but can’t get rid of the hot spots :(

The BB Gen I had would not fit on an SXK threads. Worked fine on the authentics. If you continue having probs, send it over and I'll build it for you @Chuck Norris

Thanks for the offer Rob, I’m going to have another stab at it tomorrow (Grizzly)

Must be doing something wrong with the cooking side but can’t figure out where I’m going wrong

Back
Top Bottom