What's new

Dilly Dallying - Here's where I'm at with products......

snip.... doing some shorty 9mm high ones which are printing now so will see if they are too short or not.

Thinking £10 for any 2 including postage, should have a range of 8 to 10 designs.

Colour wise, Black, Blue or White.

Chuck me some ideas if you have any.

View attachment 184206 View attachment 184207 View attachment 184208

Did you get any of these printed off? I really want some dinky ones that are just as big as they need to be, to be functional and not look silly.

Did you get any of these printed off? I really want some dinky ones that are just as big as they need to be, to be functional and not look silly.
Hi Stu

Yeah all printed and tested, I expected the 'ducks bill' to be the best but it turns out the concave one was the most comfortable, they have a nice low profile, I will take some pics tomorrow, I am awaiting a delivery from slowtech of o-rings so can't offer these for sale just yet, though I am going to rummage through my 4 million tanks, RDA's RTA's etc. to see if I can find any new spares, I have to keep using the same o-ring to test.

If I get chance I might print the lowest possible I think might still work, probably straight.

...snip... the concave one was the most comfortable, they have a nice low profile, I will take some pics tomorrow, I am awaiting a delivery from slowtech of o-rings so can't offer these for sale just yet, though I am going to rummage through my 4 million tanks, RDA's RTA's etc. to see if I can find any new spares, I have to keep using the same o-ring to test.

If I get chance I might print the lowest possible I think might still work, probably straight.

I'd be happy to receive some without orings if the lack of them is holding you back. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Here's some pics of the Drip Tip prototypes and some custom Plasti-Dipped panels:
(my favourites are the DVARW style and the Shorty Curved)

Ignore the blue panels, they were sanded and now plasti-dipped matt Black

BB-Tip-Long-1.jpg
BB-Tip-Short-Concave-1.jpg
BB-Tip-Short-Duck-1.jpg
BB-Tip-Short-Straight-1.jpg

BB-Doors-Plasti-Dip-Batman.jpg

BB-Doors-Plasti-Dip-JB.jpg

Another 2 tips designs from a request, I've printed them off and tested them, they both look great on the BB if you are after a low profile, taking the height to the shortest extreme 5mm tall straight one , the cone is a 7mm tall version is the better of the 2 but both are functional though be prepared to kiss your BB :18:

The beauty of prototyping is finding flaws, the cone version was a right tw@ to remove so I might add a groove to get your finger nail in to remove it. (the tip - not your fingernail lol)

Drip-Tip-Cone-1 v2.jpg

Drip-Tip-DTL-3-Short v1.jpg

After 4 days of hell with my printer and numerous parts changed including a complete hotend assembly I'm back in production.

I will be producing a batch of drip tips first followed by WIDE Billet Box Stands (PM me to pre-order).

Panels are such a long print time so again PM me if you are interested in a set made to order.

In other news, I have bought some translucent dark green (Christmas Green) PLA filament and trying some panels which are printing now.

**I'm pretty much out of pocket overall and need to recoup some of my losses so I will be selling off some of my prototypes and panels I made for myself at discount prices, I shall pop an add in BB Classifieds later.

Then finally after a lot of faffing I've found a way to Carbon Fibre wrap panels:
(1st attempt so confident they will get tidier)

Carbon-1.jpg
Carbon-2.jpg

Any chance you could return the Panels I loaned you?

Any interest in the Carbon wraps? just done a Silver version and loving it on the Red BB.

If there's little interest I will drop it as I'm having to remodel to accommodate the extra thickness.

BB Carbon Silver.jpg

Back
Top Bottom