What's new

Different chip to revive my BB?

brightonvaper

Postman
Wondering if any of you clever, hands on vape modders would be able to revive my BB.
@KytanDale revived it temporarily but there's something wrong either internally or with the chip itself. He also kind sealed it off for me to prevent leaks getting inside.

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the chip inside to hopefully a yihi/dicodes or if not then a dna.

I miss the pocket friendly bugger but dont fancy spending out again on one that may possibly need attention again, seemed logical to see whats possible with the lifeless shell that remains.

Just going to tag @vapesmarter but anyone else feel free to tag other credible modders/fixers/bb boffins.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear it’s died. Which chip have you got in it at the moment?

it could be one for @domejunky to look at, I think he’s also pretty handy and has repaired a bunch of people’s BBs.

Sorry to hear it’s died. Which chip have you got in it at the moment?

it could be one for @domejunky to look at, I think he’s also pretty handy and has repaired a bunch of people’s BBs.

Its just the SXK bb, so the 70w chip. It died a while back, came back to life temporarily and died again. Ideally I'd like to replace the whole chip to something more accurate, I like the idea of a yihi chip but not sure on fitting sizes. I'm sure I saw somewhere that someone had stuck a dicodes chip in theirs and it made me want mine back to life again.

Its just the SXK bb, so the 70w chip. It died a while back, came back to life temporarily and died again. Ideally I'd like to replace the whole chip to something more accurate, I like the idea of a yihi chip but not sure on fitting sizes. I'm sure I saw somewhere that someone had stuck a dicodes chip in theirs and it made me want mine back to life again.
The 70w Asmodus boards are a bit flakey - I've had to replace over a dozen. Mechanically, you can't kill a BB, you can get juice or corrosion where it shouldn't be - but that can be dealt with

Do you have something against Evolv boards? I'm not aware of a YiHi that will fit - but DNA60 or Dicodes are an easy job.

I'm happy to do it - with SXKs I do stipulate that you send me the some spare screws. Even with good tools they have a habit of rounding - although that's less likely if someone has been in there recently

The 70w Asmodus boards are a bit flakey - I've had to replace over a dozen. Mechanically, you can't kill a BB, you can get juice or corrosion where it shouldn't be - but that can be dealt with

Do you have something against Evolv boards? I'm not aware of a YiHi that will fit - but DNA60 or Dicodes are an easy job.

I'm happy to do it - with SXKs I do stipulate that you send me the some spare screws. Even with good tools they have a habit of rounding - although that's less likely if someone has been in there recently
Yeah I know its all the internals that need replacing, seemed like a good idea to just replace the whole lot with a fresh start for it.

Nothing against evolve boards, just got a thing for yihi chips lately since getting a g class. I've got some dnas but the yihis just seem that bit more on point. Maybe its just in my head though. Have never used a dicodes but they're supposed to be pretty damn good aren't they?

Not sure if there is spare screws in the box, but I'm happy to pay for materials/delivery and work undertaken upfront to save all the too-ing and fro-ing of parts needed.

I've done a Dicodes conversion as well as a couple of DNA transplants, the DNA board is much easier as it uses the same wiring and sits properly into a BB chassis, the Dicodes board kind of floats as it's too narrow to sit into the bays recess.

Back
Top Bottom