What's new

Cthulhu AIO

Lol. Be strong @quincey43, don't give in to them, hold my hand and we'll resist together. I feel like I'm the only hold out at the moment.

I wanted one so badly before they were first released too, and TBH, I still do, but I just keep telling myself they're glorified rebuildable pods to put myself off.

I know I have to resist it because I'm the type that can't just have one of anything, I'd need at least two to match, then I'd need an assortment of boros, in pairs, so I'd be looking at least £500 as a minimum before I've even started, and I just can't justify that to myself at the moment. Vaping's becoming so expensive, it's almost cheaper just to smoke!

On a completely separate note, I learned that smoking tea is actually a thing in Asia yesterday. I almost caught myself fondling some Tettley as I filled the pot this morning. Lol. Maybe that's my next step!
Lol. Be strong @quincey43, don't give in to them, hold my hand and we'll resist together. I feel like I'm the only hold out at the moment.

I wanted one so badly before they were first released too, and TBH, I still do, but I just keep telling myself they're glorified rebuildable pods to put myself off.

I know I have to resist it because I'm the type that can't just have one of anything, I'd need at least two to match, then I'd need an assortment of boros, in pairs, so I'd be looking at least £500 as a minimum before I've even started, and I just can't justify that to myself at the moment. Vaping's becoming so expensive, it's almost cheaper just to smoke!

On a completely separate note, I learned that smoking tea is actually a thing in Asia yesterday. I almost caught myself fondling some Tettley as I filled the pot this morning. Lol. Maybe that's my next st

On a completely separate note, I learned that smoking tea is actually a thing in Asia yesterday. I almost caught myself fondling some Tettley as I filled the pot this morning. Lol. Maybe that's my next step!
Oh thank you sooooo much the voice of reason at last!!!! I already have 2 billet box's and two Bantam Box's and a wealth of boro rta's to go with them so I really don't NEED anything else!! I nearly gave in and went to order the blue one from Steam Island and guess what------ it is out of stock!!! I took it to mean it was a sign that I shouldn't get one after all. I am like you and if I really like something I always get 2 of them, just saved myself a packet of money!

So you already have loads of boro's and tanks...
I bought one after dithering until steam island ran out of stock,had to wait for their next shipment.
Oooooh it's sooooo small.

Well it's a beautiful device, and I am getting decent performance from the RBA. The deck is pretty thin though - having difficulty getting 5 turn staple to fit in properly.

The Cthulhu 520 deck is a fair bit bigger if you have any more spare cash. I got a 6 or 7 turn spaced SS coil in it no problem.

But why? Putting a honking great coil into an 18650 just doesn't make sense to me. Due to the battery size I see this as primarily an MTL device, but to each their own.

The Cthulhu 520 deck is a fair bit bigger if you have any more spare cash. I got a 6 or 7 turn spaced SS coil in it no problem.
Those r the kind of coils i use, 3.5 mm too, they never fit in these little things

(Managed to get a 4 or 5 wrap in the oem rba tho, the bell is super high)

Last edited:
But why? Putting a honking great coil into an 18650 just doesn't make sense to me. Due to the battery size I see this as primarily an MTL device, but to each their own.

This is for MTL - and a five turn staple isn't like a monster or anything!

I've just put a Bishop Cubed in it with 7 or 7 1/2 wraps and it came out at 0.8 ohms.

wire 7 wraps.png
cthulhu ohms 7 wraps.png

Back
Top Bottom