What's new

Condensation Plugs Cotton Slot Version

I did start developing a wide DTL version of this but got sidetracked with other projects, after a conversation with @Rob & @TartanSpartan I've been prompted to pursue these.

I've now refined the design with a large Cotton Slot to absorb any condensation that gets through to the connection pin area.

I have also pushed the thickness to it's absolute limit to prevent air getting through the plug base, now air only comes in from the actual air channel or hole.

I've printed off the first prototype batch and I currently have the MTL version on test, the draw is MUCH tighter and getting a great MTL vape from it, I need to properly test these as restricting the base I have no idea if heat will become an issue, the DTL should be fine but I will test them anyway.

Not sure of the price yet, they were more of a pain in the ass to print and had to slow it down to a crawl but they won't be a lot more than the others, I will also discount them for those who bought V1's

I will update you if these work out, I will also be sending some out to my lab rats lol.

BB-Plug-V2.jpg

Will definitely have some of these. The other plugs are fine, but if these are improved I will have some of that.

i'll take a set of all 4 when you are ready Simon. Loving the v1's so these can only be better.

I'm not saying this as a sales pitch but V2 are so much better, I noticed V1 was doing the job but air was entering underneath the plug, it was a balancing act, too thick and the atomiser will short, too thin air still enter, I found the sweet spot then added a wider slot to soak up more condensation.

Fairly certain there won't be a V3 as there's nothing more I can improve on that I know of.

MTL I'm well chuffed with and is good to go, currently testing the wide bore DTL and all is good so far.

They are slower to print, price will be £15 a set inc 1st class postage but offering a discount at £12 for 4 for anyone who previously bought V1

I have been asked for Black versions so I am planning to do both colours Black and White which can be mixed in any combination you want once I've got stock made.

All that said, once I get my act together and post in the for sale section I will be discounting bundles so if you wanted panels and buttons + plugs and new wider stand it will work out cheaper.

Hi @Vapaneezer Scrooge you had any feedback on these? I received the ones you sent me today and using a clone vapeshell the black one which is dtl slotted and the orange with the larger hole and the orange with the smaller hole i get check atomiser on the BB which is no contact. The orange with the slot works fine. It may be my clone that is the problem if no one else is having a problem. Just thought i let you know. I will try again tomorrow with a different bridge and let you know. Cheers

Hiya, yeah they are a deliberate tight fit, you have to screw them down tight, if there's too much cotton in the slot (protruding out of the slot onto the faces) this can cause an atomiser error also.

It was the only way I could get a true airflow with almost zero tolerance, took a few test, looser then air draws under the plug instead of the air channel.

Let me know if you solve it, but a simple light sanding will fix it if not.

Appreciate the feedback, I think it's worth me mentioning it in the advert or doing an installation instructions?

In the meantime, I've tried the coil you sent, loving it as a DTL, you've proper got e hooked on the BB, do you know if Aspire Nautilus coils fit? also do Aspire BVC Coils fit? (1.8ohms)

Thanks for the reply i will have a play tomorrow, i'm sure i can sort it out it looks like it's just me.
Glad you like the coil I've not really played with any coils apart from the Aspire i have in another Boro' I really like the BB's too they just always work. I will let you know how i get on. Cheers

Hiya, yeah they are a deliberate tight fit, you have to screw them down tight, if there's too much cotton in the slot (protruding out of the slot onto the faces) this can cause an atomiser error also.

It was the only way I could get a true airflow with almost zero tolerance, took a few test, looser then air draws under the plug instead of the air channel.

Let me know if you solve it, but a simple light sanding will fix it if not.

Appreciate the feedback, I think it's worth me mentioning it in the advert or doing an installation instructions?

In the meantime, I've tried the coil you sent, loving it as a DTL, you've proper got e hooked on the BB, do you know if Aspire Nautilus coils fit? also do Aspire BVC Coils fit? (1.8ohms)
Aspire BVC 1.8ohm coils fit the aspire bridge that comes with the SKX clone,but I've come down to the 1.6ohm as the 1.8ohm were not lasting too long.

@Vapaneezer Scrooge have just put in a 2.2mm MTL plug and the fit and the draw are both perfect. No issues with reading the coil. Will report further on condensation after a thorough test.

Back
Top Bottom