What's new

Buying a clone mod.

Hi, guys.

I just want to know will there be a difference, if I buy a purge mod clone on ebay. in contrast to if I buy an original one?
like will they perform the same or will I see a huge difference?

Depends who made the clone. And who or what the Ebay seller is. Personally, I'd look elsewhere.

Check out https://knuckleheadvapes.com/ for some lovelies...

Differences may be in the quality of machining and button construction, use of quality materials, threads, engraving, finishing etc.
Good clone: little difference. Nasty clone, big difference.

Knucklehead = good IME.

Last edited:
Depends who made the clone. And who or what the Ebay seller is. Personally, I'd look elsewhere.

Check out https://knuckleheadvapes.com/ for some lovelies...

Differences may be in the quality of machining and button construction, use of quality materials, threads, engraving, finishing etc.
Good clone: little difference. Nasty clone, big difference.

Knucklehead = good IME.
This....KH are good vendors and there gear is very very decent

Another vote for knucklehead plus you get to see the quality before you buy cos ralphy reviews them and has the videos on his site [emoji6]

Hi, guys.

I just want to know will there be a difference, if I buy a purge mod clone on ebay. in contrast to if I buy an original one?
like will they perform the same or will I see a huge difference?

If you know your beans regards mechs and metallurgy you might notice a wee difference twixt a clone and the original. A decent clone that is that uses decent alloys for the tube and decent kit for the switch.

You've been advised to use Knucklehead to get your purge, this is finest kind advice. Buying off ebay leaves you open to getting pure pish kit made of gash metals whereas Ralfy will sort you with the good stuff.

If you go the route of clones then you'll kiss a load of frogs before finding a good one!

That's not strictly true tho'.

Aye back in the day I got a few iffy ones from the olde tech of fast - and a couple of UK vendors!, but as long as you know what you are looking for spec wise and know what to look out for quality wise AND stick to a couple of recommended sellers or exact bits of kit, thirs nae reason to end up with a lemon these days.

So just to qualify overall, if I was to get the trucker mod clone from knucklehead the difference from the authentic trucker in terms of performance will be nothing? so it will just be based on the material it's built?

That's not strictly true tho'.

Aye back in the day I got a few iffy ones from the olde tech of fast - and a couple of UK vendors!, but as long as you know what you are looking for spec wise and know what to look out for quality wise AND stick to a couple of recommended sellers or exact bits of kit, thirs nae reason to end up with a lemon these days.
No need to buy an authentic then. [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom