What's new

Brasso, Autosol, Peek polish etc.

JackyLFC

Postman
My mechs are due a good clean and polish, currently been using Autosol metal polish and 3 in 1 oil for the threads after clean/polish. I've been doing this mostly by hand which is a pain so ive ordered a 510 polishing jig thingy off Amazon which should arrive later on. Polishing time!

Does anyone find they get a better polished finish using either brasso, autosol vs other products? Or do they all give the same results?

TIA any input is appreciated :)

I would say yes it is mate it does save a lot of time and seems to give a better shine in no time .

I cant wait to give it a go, by hand just takes forever and looking at my Vindicator clone the button is so dark i dread to do that by hand.
Whats the proper way to use the jig, do you apply much pressure to the mod as its spinning mate, or just lightly hold the cloth against it? More pressure more shiny? Lol :D

I cant wait to give it a go, by hand just takes forever and looking at my Vindicator clone the button is so dark i dread to do that by hand.
Whats the proper way to use the jig, do you apply much pressure to the mod as its spinning mate, or just lightly hold the cloth against it? More pressure more shiny? Lol :D
I just use light pressure n the cloth and just let the drill do its job so much better than doing it by hand and it has the added bonus that it polishes your RDAs too .

I just use light pressure n the cloth and just let the drill do its job so much better than doing it by hand and it has the added bonus that it polishes your RDAs too .

Sweet I'll give that a go later, nice one :)

I only have the one "polishable" atty, a brass Kennedy i got with the Vindicator clone, the inside of the cap has literally gone black which has put me off using it and dont fancy polishing the inside :(

Sweet I'll give that a go later, nice one :)

I only have the one "polishable" atty, a brass Kennedy i got with the Vindicator clone, the inside of the cap has literally gone black which has put me off using it and dont fancy polishing the inside :(
I wouldn't polish the inside of any RDA mate not sure if it is safe to use one that has gone black inside but iam sure some one would be able to help may be you should start a new post to find out mate.

Back
Top Bottom